car tries to take out bikers

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I agree. Running bikers off the road is stupid and can be deadly. Don't know what they were doing before so who knows why the driver is mad.

I had a group of bikers fly between me and another car on the highway at over 100mph. What's crazy is that if they were 4 seconds later, I was trying to get into the other lane. I would have smashed into them. They should NOT be riding like that. They get hurt and want to blame car drivers. Just the other side of the coin.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I agree. Running bikers off the road is stupid and can be deadly. Don't know what they were doing before so who knows why the driver is mad.

I had a group of bikers fly between me and another car on the highway at over 100mph. What's crazy is that if they were 4 seconds later, I was trying to get into the other lane. I would have smashed into them. They should NOT be riding like that. They get hurt and want to blame car drivers. Just the other side of the coin.

Agreed.

I had 4 ******s fly down the center of the northbound lane of 59 one night on the way home, going past a group of maybe 12 of us cars. It's dickwads like that who get what's coming to them....no need to just run them off the road like this though.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Even IF they were riding like assholes, there is NEVER justification to swerve at somebody or slam the brakes on intentionally like that. The riders were kinda dumb for giving him the opportunity to do that to them though. I know they were mad and looking out for each other, I've been there many times before... but the best thing they could have done was follow him from a distance. He had to get off the tollway and stop eventually. That's when you get your street justice.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Even IF they were riding like assholes, there is NEVER justification to swerve at somebody or slam the brakes on intentionally like that. The riders were kinda dumb for giving him the opportunity to do that to them though. I know they were mad and looking out for each other, I've been there many times before... but the best thing they could have done was follow him from a distance. He had to get off the tollway and stop eventually. That's when you get your street justice.

Exactly.
You are also never justified as using your car as a weapon against a motorcycle. I probably would have backed off or taken off once it escalated.

I'd like to see if he got charged with anything related to the incident but I can only find that he got some drug charges.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I dont give a fuck if your on a bike, you fuck with me imma fuck with you back. Had a guy on a harley get all butt hurt cause I safely passed him up north on 47. He was doing like 62 so i passed him since i normally do 75 up there, mind this was during the week so there were like no other cars on the road and i didnt ride his ass before passing. It was wide open so I just swooped around him. As soon as I pass he guns it and gets right on my ass up to 80, and i mean glued to my ass. I tap the brake, not enough to change the speed of the car, just so the lights go on to make him check his shit. Once it opens up this fucktard starts swerving at me and waving his arms like the tools that he was. We come up on a light and hes talking the typical road rage shit, i just smile, laugh, and give him the "asian guy from hangover jerkoff spooge move" and let him pass me. He get in from of me and locks his brakes, stupid fucker wanted me to kill him.

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
I saw some shit much worse than this on 355 last summer. A dude in a Ranger was trying to take out two bikers and swerving over all 4 lanes of traffic. He never hit them like in this video though.The bikes pulled over and came back a 5 min later and were chucking wrenches and shit at the dudes truck. It was good entertainment.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
They probably provoked the driver. granted what the driver did was completely wrong...

we all know how bikers are... (this is coming from someone who wants to get a bike next year as well)

Wait until you actually have a bike and you have a few close calls yourself and see if your opinion abour "how bikers are" changes. Yes theres some dickwads out there, but there's far more responsible riders than morons.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I saw some shit much worse than this on 355 last summer. A dude in a Ranger was trying to take out two bikers and swerving over all 4 lanes of traffic. He never hit them like in this video though.The bikes pulled over and came back a 5 min later and were chucking wrenches and shit at the dudes truck. It was good entertainment.

How is that much worse than this fuckstain who actually hit 2 different riders?

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
After watching the video, it looks like all parties involved are incredibly stupid... Bikers were obviously playing around the guy, swerving in and out of his lane, and apparently he snapped.

Doesn't give him the right to do what he did, but if you act like an idiots with a group of bikers, you're bound to have this happen eventually. Bikes aren't exempt to the rules of the road.

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
How is that much worse than this fuckstain who actually hit 2 different riders?

I guess you have a point, but what I witnessed looked far more crazy then this video. And the bikers were really fucking with the driver (throwing tools, dropping glass in front of his truck trying to pop his tires) unlike this video. In their defense, the guy in the Ranger started it.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Wait until you actually have a bike and you have a few close calls yourself and see if your opinion abour "how bikers are" changes. Yes theres some dickwads out there, but there's far more responsible riders than morons.

:dunno:

seen it TOO many times as im cruising 5 over on the highway and some idiot squid biker BLASTS past me and between two cars.

Also I dont get why they tailgate. I have 13" brakes on all 4 corners of my car.. granted a bike can stop better.. If i have to slam on my brakes due to an emergency, I dont think a bike, let alone a car can react fast enough. Then guess whose fault it is... MINE

:hsugh:

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Most people on bikes tailgate so they are seen. When you're a tiny speck on the road compared to cars, the closer you can get the bigger you are in their mirror, the more likely you are to be seen. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Most people on bikes tailgate so they are seen. When you're a tiny speck on the road compared to cars, the closer you can get the bigger you are in their mirror, the more likely you are to be seen. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying.

Agreed, I do weird shit on the bike to try to ensure I'm seen, or at least to just up my chances of being seen. Play with my hi-beams (during the day more-so than night), I like to try to "point" my bike at any car making a left-hand turn across my lane so that my headlight will be more visible to them (not WHILE flashing my brights, I'm not trying to blind anyone) and if I see a car or truck with a motorcycle sticker of any sort on the back I will often make my presence known to the drive (eye contact, get in front of them, etc...) and then usually just kinda stay near them. Chances are someone who rides a bike, will pay a lot more attention to a bike around them. I know since I started riding that I look a lot harder for that tiny headlight before I pull onto a road. Also, I HATE when I know there is a bike near me in traffic and I "lose" them when I want to change lanes or merge. I refuse to do it until I know where they are again because I automatically assume they are in my blind spot.

Be safe out there guys, everyone on the road is trying to kill you. Never forget that.

svtcobra725

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
This has happened to me personally a couple times. To top it off the last time it was a old guy in a mini can that tried pressing me up against the median wall on 90..and tried speeding up n my ass to tap my tire, he literally got within a foot of hitting me. I ride with a group who do split cars and etc but I hang in the back and take my time to switch lanes....but that almost cost me my life because as they split him and I was the last one the old douche wanted to take his anger out on me.... If only I could make them stop and get out of their cars...but ppl think their badasses in their cars. No matter what you never brake check a bike..not even to turn on the brake lights because he might lock his tires up thinking your slamming on yours and slide out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info