Modern Amenities

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Do you guys really like all the modern amenities in a newer "muscle" or "sports" car?

I'm talking about things like navi, back up cameras, and power toothbrushes that seem to be options on all newer sports cars. Just saw the thread about the new 1LE Camaro and saw someone was excited about navi and got me wondering so I figured I would start a thread.

To me I don't want any of it. The only thing I want is power windows and A/C. But hell if their were a way to order a stripper car without I would love it. To me on these cars if it doesn't make it go fast, or handle well it's added weight that takes away from both of those.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Backup camera in the 5th Gen Camaro is necessary so you don't run over kids in that rolling coffin.

Part of the reason I like the FR-S so much is because the experience isn't watered down, and price hiked, by gadgets and unnecessary conveniences. It's one price and no options except stereo and accessories. Similar story with the Boss 302.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I guess I'm the minority, I love gadgets. Then again maybe it's because I don't have a "sports car," and am not in the market for one. I guess if money was no object and I got a Ferrari or something, I wouldn't care about any gadgets in the car except maybe a nice stereo.

That being said ,my next car WILL have air conditioned seats. Period. (But i'm in the market for a nice daily driving sedan lol)

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Luxury once experienced, becomes necessity. I love all the gizmo's in the F150... there's everything in that thing. Heated/cooled leather, navi, cameras, prox sensors, well balanced stock stereo, touch screen controls for everything, climate controls out the wazzoo, sunroof, rear sliding glass, hell even trailer sway control is sweet.

I like it all... but it does cost! :D

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Lol now a window regulator for a manual window costs more than a power window! But yes, it depends on the car. For a DD/luxury car I LOVE gadgets. I'm a techno geek when it comes to that shit. And to some extent I still want stuff in a sports car. Power windows, keyless entry and start are pretty much standard and so convenient that I couldn't live without them. And a decent stereo is always nice when you're cruising. But I guess I could live with just that. Problem is I feel less and less interested in a straight sports car as I get older and would rather have a grand touring car instead. And in that case I'd have every option.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I don't want any of it.. I spend the whole day in front of a computer screen answering phone calls. Last thing I want is screens and gadgets in the car. I get in my car and drive because I love to not think about the crap and just drive. Just give me heat, RWD, good power to weight and handling along with a couple speakers and a sub with a preamp to direct in my Mp3 player.

Backup cameras, blind spot alerts, and crap are on cars because people don't even know when a car is next to them but will pay attention when their facebook "friend" they have never met or talked to live just posted pictures of their nails being done. Even Automatic wipers and headlights.. seriously??? You don't know know when to turn on the headlights and wipers?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I guess I'm the minority, I love gadgets. Then again maybe it's because I don't have a "sports car," and am not in the market for one. I guess if money was no object and I got a Ferrari or something, I wouldn't care about any gadgets in the car except maybe a nice stereo.

That being said ,my next car WILL have air conditioned seats. Period. (But i'm in the market for a nice daily driving sedan lol)

Love gadgets as well. Would want in any vehicle I would spend time in.

Hell, if money was no object, I would buy a 78 TA, and modernize the engine and interior.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Love gadgets as well. Would want in any vehicle I would spend time in.

Hell, if money was no object, I would buy a 78 TA, and modernize the engine and interior.

What how dare you?....lol Before I moved out of state I knew a guy with a 78 that dropped a 502 in it. Every TA owner gave him grief, I said, it's his car he can do what he wants with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info