wanna hear a joke??

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just an FYI, Tundras are built by Americans, in Texas...

Silverados are made in Mexico and Canada... I don't know if the American factories that did build them are even still operational......

They also out-sold the GMC Sierra's this year........

(I'm not saying they are good trucks, just stating)

*someone needs to link the Top gear video here*

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Mabey you missed something,
"The Tundra is built with 80 percent of American-made parts And they're built in Indiana. Some in Texas, too. "

I think you missed alot. I think it's funny how people think companies like Toyota that have plants in the U.S. just get all the money from sales and put it on a boat back to Japan.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
I think you missed alot. I think it's funny how people think companies like Toyota that have plants in the U.S. just get all the money from sales and put it on a boat back to Japan.

A large chunk of the money does go back to yapan... :( Its kind of a weird situation... On one hand you have American junk making Mexicans money, and on the other you have Japanese junk making Americans money. It is cheaper for the Japanese to build their cars here. Not only that but once they're built in the United States theres the whole "homegrown" marketing factor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info