New ride: 99' F250 V10

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
My trailblazer finally left to its new home on Monday night and I decided it was time to look for a legit tow vehicle. Im planning to buy myself a decent sized boat this coming fall and needed a truck up to snuff with towing in the neighborhood of 9000lbs. Really, I wasn't looking to purchase so soon but I came across the deal so I ran with it. Today I stayed home from work because I hurt my back at the gym. I started browsing CL when I woke up, getting an idea what was out there for trucks in the budget I set myself. After a bit i ran across the F2fiddy. It seemed too good to be true for the price but i checked it out anyways. The guy had recently divorced and had used the truck for towing his boat previously, but had downsized boats and was able to tow it with his newer SUV. Right buyer at the right time.

1999 F250, 6.8L Triton V10, 140,000 miles, regular cab, regular bed. Zero options on the truck at all, i think its some sort of work truck package. Cloth, manual everything, cassette player. Perfect for using it only a few times a year to tow a boat, or as a workhorse.

The drivers door has some rust on the bottom inside, otherwise the body is clean. Typical scratches and dents, and the A/C doesn't currently work. I have to diagnose and possibly fix that if its cheap. I am really avoiding spending any money on the truck beyond what is needed to make it safe to tow.

a few quick iphone pics
f2501.jpg

f2502.jpg

f2503.jpg

f2504.jpg

f2505.jpg

f2506.jpg

f2507.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I see the frame hitch and a hitch plug.

As I said in the other thread welcome to the FUCK MPG Towing Club.

Nice truck should pull anything you throw behind it quite nicely. Gotta love work trucks with no options. Nice, simple, and easy to keep clean. New kayak hauler or is the BMW still going to do that?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
that's a steal! put a boat behind that bitch asap!

thats the reason its in my driveway! i wasnt expecting to pick something up so long before buying a boat but the opportunity came. I'll have time to iron the issues out with it before I actually need it then. I was looking at keeping it under $3500 for a tow vehicle that i was expecting to be a rust bucket with a decent motor in it.

Holding out until fall for a boat to hopefully get a deal. The season is half way over in chicago already, not looking to pay $2k to keep my boat out there the rest of this year. I need to move to the city too (i was already planning to) , otherwise its another 25% charge for non residents on their harbor fees.

:ford:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
what sort of problems? truck is 2wd

Bushings and balljoints. All late 90s early 00s fords tear through them.

Lower control arm bushings rot out, causes bad camber on the front wheels, which in turn causes stress on the rest of the system (ball joints and bearings).

Usually it's fairly cheap, but it is time consuming, and not my idea of a good time (and has to be followed up with an alignment)

Regardless, nice purchase!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info