royal purple

rafa

Mar 26, 2012
Lol i love when people said you cant go back.
That doesnt happen, and if does i would like a good explanation why.

About Royal purple, its good oil, mostly synthetics now a days are.
Just make sure you do oil changes often.

Just a comment about the two people above, I tried amsoil once, and will never try again, i did not like it at all. (given it was a motorcycle, and motorcycle amsoil)

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Well really the only reason i havent switched is because that phrase is haunting me. o0o0o it stays in the cams and if you switch itll screw the cams up etc. The engine was rebuilt and thats what the previous owner used. At the store it only comes 10w-30 the thickest -_- So i really want to switch.

C.Evans

TCG Elite Member
May 21, 2011
Sycamore, IL
Joe Gibbs.

638dd94c-848e-3196.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Some guys have blamed rp for engine damage. Weiner circle sells rp almost exclusively. I personally haven't tried it.

What I have come to understand about synthetics is you must use from early in the engines life. An older engine, even 50k miles, has some buiilt up sludge or grime on seals and gaskets. Switching to synthetics will clean this build up and cause leaks on your seals and gaskets. Best to stay with reg oil if that's all the engine has operated in. A rebuilt engine is like new so it should be ok. They also sell break in oils for fresh rebuilds.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Some guys have blamed rp for engine damage. Weiner circle sells rp almost exclusively. I personally haven't tried it.

What I have come to understand about synthetics is you must use from early in the engines life. An older engine, even 50k miles, has some buiilt up sludge or grime on seals and gaskets. Switching to synthetics will clean this build up and cause leaks on your seals and gaskets. Best to stay with reg oil if that's all the engine has operated in. A rebuilt engine is like new so it should be ok. They also sell break in oils for fresh rebuilds.

This. You dont wanna throw synthetic into a car thats had a rough life or over 75k IMO. I am running it in my L26 but that is after I had gone through everything and it was torn down to a short block and cleaned.

This. You dont wanna throw synthetic into a car thats had a rough life or over 75k IMO. I am running it in my L26 but that is after I had gone through everything and it was torn down to a short block and cleaned.

I'm not sure about this I think I might have to call BS on this one.

I run Mobile 1 in everything....EVERYTHING
Old ....New...I've never had any problems.......AT ALL
No leaks..no smoke...no shit...NO PROBLEMS

I wold have to do some research to prove my point 100% but from my real life experience I would have to say you should have no problems switching from a conventional oil to a full synthetic.

Someone please provide me with some solid data

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Mobil 1 is also all marketing and nothing really special, it is not even a true full synthetic. Once my cars are ready for an oil change I plan on not using Mobil1 or any of that other expensive crap. You can use even the store brand oils and as long as you change it at a reasonable time your engine will last.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Kind of off topic, but do I NEED to use synthetic in the gp with the build or will I be ok with conventional? Does it make that big of a difference?
You could run it but youre fine not running it. Just keep and eye on it. Ive grown to knowing my smells and feels when it comes to knowing when to change.

I'm not sure about this I think I might have to call BS on this one.

I run Mobile 1 in everything....EVERYTHING
Old ....New...I've never had any problems.......AT ALL
No leaks..no smoke...no shit...NO PROBLEMS

I wold have to do some research to prove my point 100% but from my real life experience I would have to say you should have no problems switching from a conventional oil to a full synthetic.

Someone please provide me with some solid data
Technical info I dont have but I have heard many horror stories. Im glad you are getting good results. Synthetic is better and cheap in the long run. I love going 6k-7k on Mobil1

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Well it was a rebuilt motor said the previous owner. Ill be finding out soon when i pull the engine and break it down myself. Another reason i want to change is because like said above, RP is expensive. A least 9 dollars a bottle. I need about 5 bottles :sad: . I have after market cams so those im more worried about. But if i tear the engine apart anyway, clean it up, im thinking ill be alright.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info