gt500 question

ddb50

Regular
Sep 24, 2006
when i shift my cobra into first and start to drive sometimes i hear a noise. i dont know how to describe it i dont hear it in any other gear but first. the clutch seems fine i dont feel it slipping but this sound drives me nuts. it seems to be getting louder and i have never had a clucth go out does the bearing make a weird sound when it goes out. somebody has had to have had this problem before.

ddb50

Regular
Sep 24, 2006
its a 2007 the clutch was supposed to have been fixed. i guess that year had a clutch problem i bought the car last november and its been fine no problems this noise just started i just dont want to get stranded guess i have to take it to ford no speed shops around dekalb

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
thats an easy test...

clutch in = no noise -- clutch out = noise... means its a bad Throw Out Bearing

if clutch in/out makes no difference in the noise it could be the pilot bearing...

if the noise is only on take off in first gear... i would think its just clutch chatter (possibly not broken in correctly, aggressive pressure plate / clutch disc, etc.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• ddb50
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list