turbo

what is a good streetable turbo for srt4?

bud is looking to upgrade.

my one bud has a AGP 50trim.. he may go with that same setup but he may spring teh ## for BB or DBB. but would like to stay around teh 50trim area so its streetable but fairly quick when he wants to run it or something. its his daily driver. he already has a race car but wants some more balls to the car. any input is great.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
50 trim all the way. i have a mopar stage 3 on my car and like it alot. good power. quick spool but i wish id gone 50trim...both are great options. i would recommend ANYTHING by agp (www.agpturbo.com). either the 50trim kit or the 3147 kit they sell are fantastic and complete.

if he wants some extra kick but doesnt wanna go nuts w/ spending money, hit up pt-performance and look into the SST turbo (super stock turbo). its a ported stocker w/ a bigger wheel crammed in. guys are really good numbers w/ minimal supporting mods. in fact,

http://www.pt-performance.com/showProduct.php?vID=1&cID=9&pID=59

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
just go w/ the 50trim. you can run like 15psi on minimal supporting mods and still make like 330-350whp. then once he wants to, crank up the boost (w/ enough fuel) and make anywhere from 400-450whp

imo, the 50trim is THE perfect turbo for the srt

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
yeah he didnt listen to me either - ive installed 3 or 4 agp kits. i think the best turbo was the 3147 which they dont make anymore. but the ball bearing 50trim would be the way to go in my opinioin i think any kit that they put together is a great kit - the hp #'s they claim are a little on the low side (which is a very good thing). i would give them a call and explain to them what you want. they are very helpful. they will even tell you what the base mods needed for each kit all the way to a full stand alone system. i was very impressed with them.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
for sure that 3147 kits was the best thing to happen to srt - the only problem we saw (which really wasnt even a problem) was that we would of liked to see a stainless steel drain line from the turbo. me and jeff had that swap done and tuned within a day - thats y im goin with a agp kit once i cash in the wifes tax return and the motor is finished

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
well i mean shit. on my car everything is already there. id just need to order the 3147 kt and some type of fuel controller and id be set in parts for the time being. the swap isnt any harder than when we pulled my turbo right? aside from running new lines

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
well as i said...IF i do anything, i'd just sell of the s3 turbo and manifold. id keep everything else. in talking with agp, i could hit about 350whp on s3 then id probably have to start thinking bigger injectors, pump etc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info