Subs and amp question

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Considering the subs handle 1200 watts and the amp puts out 120, I think it's a little underpowered for the job. The wiring kit is Walmart cheapo stuff.

Look at Crutchfield.com, find components that work well together and then talk to one of the vendors on here about getting it. If you cheap out, you will never be happy with the sound. Better to bite the bullet, spend the money and have a system that you can move from car to car and be happy about.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
Stay farrrrr away from Boss... Kill it with fire. Best buy has a Fierce audio kit, if you plan on upgrading at any point, go with the 4ga kit, $110, otherwise, 8ga should be fine, I think that's $80. Only off brand I'd recommend that is still quality stuff. Otherwise, use Kicker, Monster or Rockford Fosgate wiring. There may be a few other good ones out there, but those I know from experience are good to go. The cheap stuff claims its 4ga, but its 8-10 ga and a lot of filling. Dangerous stuff, especially if you try pulling what it should be able to handle through it. Melted wire and fires are bad.

As for amp, look for something that puts out around 400W @ 2Ω. Alpine MRP-M500, Kicker D/ZX500.1, Kenwood KAC-8105D, Polk PA880, MTX TH350.1D, Infinity 1300a, just a few I'd recommend for that setup. The 500w amps you may want to tune down just a little bit, but should be ok.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info