whats a 230k 06 2500 ram with cummins/4spd auto go for?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
found a couple 2wd rams from the california branch of a company that got shutdown and moved to Il.
mostly highway miles, both have mopar reman transmissions less than a couple years old.
just your standard beatup body in white work trucks that are dealer maintained rust free as all fuck even the crumpled rf fender isnt rusting.
lots of frentend parts are new and from what i can tell of the maint records fairly well maintained...the big horn edition truck has a motor that'll rock a baby to sleep in 30 seconds, the base package truck has a mtor that idles like its not even running

both are fairly similar in overall condition...deal for 5k? these look to list at 10-12k in good shape...figured id ask so of you assholes that are up to date on the used truck market
thinking about possibly buying both and flipping one....maybe....i dunno if das' trademarked "minty" :jg:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well thats sorta what im figuring...after i look at both of em tomorrow ill know more if its worth it to snag both or not the one that needs the RF fender and light/bumper has the less dented bed so we may swap that over and sell it ass is and maybe pocket a grand...but if its worn out its prob worth more as the drivetrain...put a cummins in the lumi and autoX it :mamoru:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
as for what they look like...

imagine two minty new body in white trucks both quadcab longbeds, one a base model, manual everything, the other a power everything "big horn edition"
now imagine them 230-250k later after techs have run them all over the southwest. from jobsites to brothels.
dents dings, scratches, decent amount of wear and tear on the interior panels/etc.

its something that for the price with a little work could be a decent shape tow vehicle for a good while longer with swapping a couple parts.

hell for 6k someone's gonna be interested in a beatup 06 base model diesel...the RF is held together pretty well with crimp banding as is but its only some junkyard parts away from "purdy from 50 feet away" :rofl:

i could use some $ for the wagn so i can see if i can twist it

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
No.

That dodge auto will blow up down the road if it aint already going out.

Never buy an auto cummins unless you have or are willing to drop $5k to build the trans.

The 04.5+ gasser autos are leaps and bounds better in design, reliability, and functionality IIRC, did those changes not spill over to the cummins trucks?

He also mentioned they had already had rebuilds.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The 04.5+ gasser autos are leaps and bounds better in design, reliability, and functionality IIRC, did those changes not spill over to the cummins trucks?

He also mentioned they had already had rebuilds.

the 04.5+ do have "stronger" transmissions but only because they had stronger motors.

I personally wouldnt buy an auto cummins with that many miles, especially with "rebuild" transmissions in them. You don't know who rebuilt them, how they rebuilt them and how long ago they were rebuilt.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I agree, 5k is such a deal.

James do you really need another project?

the project of helping jamie get a good truck out of the two rams so he can sell the 97 454 dooly and shutup about some damn x5 pos
that project is worth it, cause till my trucks further along his junk is gonna get whored out a bit.

no i dont need another project but the other truck could be a nice flip and fund my junkheaps...

That would be raw. I want a 12v with a regular cab and a flatbed as a toy hauler

i just want the 460 in there with a damn 5 spd od manual trans :rofl: oh and my 79 f350 beams, brakes and axle:rollpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info