Tire questions

Shells_04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Elgin, Il
I've got a 2004 mustang gt with 10.5 inch wheels in the back and will be looking for a new set of rear tires this year. Currently the cars got nitto 555 ZR (285/40/17). The stick well but I'm thinking of getting a decent radial next since I'm planning to get a few mods this coming winter if money and time permit. My cars never seen the dyno but soon will, I'm guessing it only makes about 260 rwhp. What would be a good street tire but also suitable for the track? Cars and modding them is still new to me so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question to some of you. Thanks for any help in advance

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
NT05. Don't get the R compound if it's going to be daily'd. They wear out very fast and are meant for the track.

I had the 05Rs on my GTO and I got about 40-50 passes and 4000 miles out of them before I had to replace them because of all the knicks and cuts in them from daily driving on them. Not to mention both were patched from screws.

Shells_04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Elgin, Il
NT05. Don't get the R compound if it's going to be daily'd. They wear out very fast and are meant for the track.

I had the 05Rs on my GTO and I got about 40-50 passes and 4000 miles out of them before I had to replace them because of all the knicks and cuts in them from daily driving on them. Not to mention both were patched from screws.

I probably should have put this in the original post. I daily my car about once a week to work, roughly 70 miles round trip and we've got a gravel road to get up there. Otherwise I drive it around town and when my fiancé and I go out on my days off. Usually the mustang sits in the garage and I drive my slow ass Jeep most places

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info