Daily driver 15,000ish range?

Soulonfire11

Regular
Aug 13, 2009
Now I know there is a thread about this but at the 8500 range, but lets up the price alittle. I got a new job thats about 60 miles of driving a day, and needless to say, the caprice's 14mpg is kicking my wallets ass.

So obviously Id like to get a car with decent gas mileage, but it needs to be fun. I can't drive some crappy econobox with no balls.

Now I've been looking into the Mazdaspeed3s, Cobalt SS, Subaru Legacy GTs, ect.

Give me some ideas or input.

Soulonfire11

Regular
Aug 13, 2009
Well, prefer a manual, but not apposed to an auto. Ive already owned a GTO so thats out. Honestly anything goes. if I can get atleast 25mpg on the highway id be happy.

Im 22 so no kids and I work 2 jobs 70 hours a week so I just need a fun commuter. honestly anything goes. I like the Cobalt SS it seems like a decent car.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Why is that? The one I am looking at is completely stock also

Early MZR motors (mazdaspeed 3/6) have a good number of documented failures from crank walk/spinning bearings, even stock.

It isn't/wasn't a rampant issue, just made me nervous to buy one without a warranty. A brand new one is in the low 20's, and would have a much lower interest rate typically than a used car (meaning it may cost very close to the same).

A member on here had a speed6 fail on him at like 36k miles, granted it wasn't the image of well maintained by the sounds of it:

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/member-rides/42991-06-mazdaspeed-6-hdrs.html

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I wouldn't mind an Srt4 but its hard to find a low mileage one.

As for bmws Id need an M3
what abot Volkswagens?

Why would you need an M3???

Non-m that are 2001+ E46's all have about 200hp, and weigh 3000-3100lbs (coupe/sedan), are rated to get decent MPG, and ride much more comfortably than the M's

1999-2005 BMW 3-Series: Full Review - Consumer Guide Automotive

We have a member on here that has a non-M that he likes quite a bit.

(Don't take this as me becoming a BMW swinger because I own one *With a Ford Mill granted*, I've just been surprised lately as to the prices for good used examples)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info