Exhaust Shops?

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Just putting a thread out there on what local exhaust shops you guys use. Doesn't have to be mandrel but the shops that don't care about certain items that might be missing, or not caring about fabbing up what needs to get done? I have a guy but hes kind of far away, and is super busy just looking to see what other options are out there in case im in a bind with a car.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Had the Midas in West Dundee off of Rt. 31 weld turn downs on my flows for my old Mustang. They would not do it while the exhaust was on the car because it was an "illegal" setup. I brough in the cat back, paid them cash under the table, and the welds were perfect.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
hell for the most part we can do whatever exhaust you guys want.

but i dont have a bender or keep pipe in stock. but say you got the DYI kits, then we can do it. some of the custom kits we've done are flat out SICK.

you want cats cut out of a stock car? i dont care, ill do it.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
exhaust works wont do anything if there isnt a cat in place. fyi.

Truth. When I had the true duals done on my car, they wouldn't touch it. I even tried telling them I was building a race car and would bring it in and leave with it on a trailer, they still said no. I ended up going to Oxbo in Joliet. They did a decent job, but my buddy had to touch up their welds, I had a few pinhole exhaust leaks. They charged me $300, and I took them the collector reducers, x pipe, and mufflers

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
The biggest problems with most of these shops is the whole emmisions compliance stuff. Alot of shop wont touch cars that have deleted air pumps, egrs, and no cats. And sometimes if you just ask of course they would say NO we cant touch it but it some body knows somebody on the inside im looking to bring then steady/all my exhaust work both personal and buisness stuff there in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info