Reputible driveshaft shops

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I've always heard good things about midwest driveshaft in St Charles. They are near Kirk and 64

Morning_Howl%252C_Howling_Wolf.jpg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I have also heard a lot of good things about Suburban Driveline on North Ave in Villa Park. Pratt told me about them, but I haven't had them do anything for me. I will say though, when I called them and asked for a quote, they were considerably cheaper than Midwest in St Charles. I could get a chrome moly shaft from Suburban for almost the same money as an aluminum at Midwest.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Question #2, is I assume these kinds of shops I can just bring in what I have, and tell them what I need, and they take care of it?

Basically I have a Mustang T5 shaft and slipyolk (with no rear U-joint or driveshaft flange). I figure the front should/need to be replaced with them doing work on it, and then I have this for the rear:

BMW V8, BMW Heavy-Duty Driveshaft Flange, Stealth Conversions

And I'd give them the length I need it to be?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Slip YOKE, unless your drivetrain is made of eggs.

You can give them the measurements and they will do what you need, but it make sure you know exactly what measurements they want, some shops measure differently. It may be better just to take your car to them and say here it is, make it work.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Slip YOKE, unless your drivetrain is made of eggs.

You can give them the measurements and they will do what you need, but it make sure you know exactly what measurements they want, some shops measure differently. It may be better just to take your car to them and say here it is, make it work.

I will do that if I have a trailer available, otherwise I should already have all the measurements as the original documented swap was done in a sedan like mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info