Fun daily drivers under 8500??

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Looking for opinions on something fun that is under 8500. Right now I have been searching for the right 99-04 mustang gt but it is turning out harder then expected to find a black stock(ish) clean car with lower miles. I have been starting to think about maybe looking for something else and see what the market is like. I don't want something unreliable, expensive to maintain, or ugly. I do probably 85% of my driving on the highway.

Cliffs:
Looking for fun daily sub 8500
Lower miles
Decent gas mileage
stick/auto is not a big deal
Easy to work on/inexpensive to maintain
NO 3400 OR 3800 POWERED GM'S

What would you recommend to look into and why?

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
I guess I should have been a bit more clear about those. Lower miles as in 50-85k miles would be prefered, nothing above 90k. By fun I just dont want something boring like a camry, something a bit more "sporty" or looks nice would be prefer. I dont really care about performance at all.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You can probably find some really clean swapped Civics (if you're into that) for that money, with ac, ps, and all of that. Meets all your requirements too. 180-200hp in light cars, reliable as a Honda can be, super easy to work on, and pretty fun to drive. Just tossing it out there!

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
May 15, 2012
Ashkum
You can find one in a blue moon. last year in July i got on my phone and searched. My parameters under 12k price under 45 thousand miles v8 99-2006. Any manufacture any model as long as I could modify it and play with it. Bought me a lightning with 29k on the odometer stock for 11500

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
You can find one in a blue moon. last year in July i got on my phone and searched. My parameters under 12k price under 45 thousand miles v8 99-2006. Any manufacture any model as long as I could modify it and play with it. Bought me a lightning with 29k on the odometer stock for 11500

Not bad but a lightning might be a bit much to handle in the winter. I can go a bit above 8500 but I really dont want to spend a lot on a daily driver used mostly to drive to work. I have found a couple mustangs that met my critera but they sell like hot cakes

Grand Prix GXP.
Not a bad idea to look into

Gonna +1, guy selling cobra is a good guy. Went to school with me!

Not doubting the car just not what I am looking for.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Not bad but a lightning might be a bit much to handle in the winter. I can go a bit above 8500 but I really dont want to spend a lot on a daily driver used mostly to drive to work. I have found a couple mustangs that met my critera but they sell like hot cakes

Not a bad idea to look into

Not doubting the car just not what I am looking for.

you'll look into a GXP grand prix but not a 3800 one? :rofl: explain that, cause maybe we are missing why you are against a 3800 car? I'm not trying to :nutz: on 3800 powered cars, but saying a gxp isnt a bad idea is kinda :hsugh:

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
you'll look into a GXP grand prix but not a 3800 one? :rofl: explain that, cause maybe we are missing why you are against a 3800 car? I'm not trying to :nutz: on 3800 powered cars, but saying a gxp isnt a bad idea is kinda :hsugh:

There are gxp's that are ls based. I don't like the 60* v6 platform as the bottom end in mine decided to grenade at 108k miles for no reason. Mine was great for the last 8 years but I don't wish to have another.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You had the garbage 3400, they just blow up, that's what they do. The 3800 will run forever, even with boost and 200,000 miles, they're still solid as a rock. I do however understand why you probably don't want one. SC cobalts are ok, they have the worst geared transmissions known to man, which make them 1/2 of the fun to drive than they could be, however they're pretty solid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info