American vs. Everything else

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I'd never own any exotic, foreign car as a DD or toy. Big 3 only for me. Just because I "have money" doesn't mean that I'm going to go out and buy some 6 figure car(that's not a muscle car). :dunno: Oh well?

I really don't understand this type of thinking. You and SYP don't make any sense. You would accept a car that is inferior in every single way just because it's American?!?! The fact is, any Ferrari/Lamborgini/Aston Martin etc would be better than a modded SHO or American Muscle car. In this case, money is not an object. Turbo the Lambo if you want, but to say you'd rather have an SHO or a plain jane american muscle car over an exotic is just ridiculous. I could understand if you wanted some ultra rare muscle car. I am wondering if you guys have ever driven a foreign sports car.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I really don't understand this type of thinking. You and SYP don't make any sense. You would accept a car that is inferior in every single way just because it's American?!?! The fact is, any Ferrari/Lamborgini/Aston Martin etc would be better than a modded SHO or American Muscle car. In this case, money is not an object. Turbo the Lambo if you want, but to say you'd rather have an SHO or a plain jane american muscle car over an exotic is just ridiculous. I could understand if you wanted some ultra rare muscle car. I am wondering if you guys have ever driven a foreign sports car.

The draw of a car you built up yourself is more than that of an exotic for some people, I can understand it

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
working on your own car isnt as glorious as you may think... id rather buy a ferrari than mod a car to compete with it...

I wasn't saying what was better, I picked an Mclaren F1, but I can understand why people like the cheaper modded cars.....

And I work on my own car, so I know what it feels like:dunno:

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt

So what? I'm not a huge fan of exotic sports cars. And no, I can't say that I've ever driven an exotic sports car.....I guess I've been living under a rock :picard:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Never driving an exotic sports car? I believe I said foreign sports car, and in my opinion, the 135 and 335 are foreign sports cars.

You are right....my bad reading>me...... But I have driven a 540i through a curvy mountain road, and it is nice, but it just doesn't feel right to me, but I'm weird so I will exit this conversation now.....

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
You are right....my bad reading>me...... But I have driven a 540i through a curvy mountain road, and it is nice, but it just doesn't feel right to me, but I'm weird so I will exit this conversation now.....

You're not weird. The 5 series does feel weird, mostly because it is so large. I drove the 535, and was surprised how quick it was and how well it handled for such a large car, but in the end, it was still a large car, too large in my opinion. Drive a 3 series, you feel more connected to the car.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
You're not weird. The 5 series does feel weird, mostly because it is so large. I drove the 535, and was surprised how quick it was and how well it handled for such a large car, but in the end, it was still a large car, too large in my opinion. Drive a 3 series, you feel more connected to the car.

I felt connected to the car, but it felt unnatural and well, its hard to explain.... But to put a blanket statement that all foreign interiors are better is BS, some may be better, but most are on the same level.....I try not to bias cars on where they are made, yes BMW's are nice, and the BMW isn't my style

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info