Scratched:/

MM.Junior.

Regular
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah its our 04 DTR Marauder..and well the front left side panel, the front driver's door, the rear left passenger door, and the rear left quarter panel. Each panel has a good few scratches. But ill try and get some photos so everyone can see tomorrow. And well the only reason I don't wanna get the insurance involved is cause I don't want them to raise the price or anything you know?

MM.Junior.

Regular
Mar 14, 2012
DTR = Dark Toreador Red. And well yeah you run your nail through it and its quite deep. My cousin buffed one scratch and he made a little less noticeable, but its still there. But when he has time he's gonna try to do a touch up kinda making it unnoticeable. But I still wanna see if there's a good place anyone might know that does a good job and at a good price too...its a shame but hey, shit happens

If I had a bigger garage, I could spray it, but I can barely squeak my GP in mine. I know there are a couple other guys on here that spray, hopefully they chime in. Maybe start another thread just asking for a painter to step up. Plan on spending $600+. Paint prices have gone through the roof and reds are the most expensive of any of the colors. Hopefully the scratches are low enough that the color will not need to be blended into the hood and trunk. Really sorry to hear about the car, that is the most chicken shit thing I think someone car do to another person.

MM.Junior.

Regular
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah I'm kinda waiting to see if anyone could step up and possibly help me out in either repainting the damage or show me a good body shop.
And as for how I was parked, I was next to the wall all the way in the back far from the entrance. The only car that was near mine was a black Mercedes parked on the left side of my car but behind mine. So there was no car directly behind, front, or on the side of me. Idk bro I just think someone couldn't stand seeing a parked car that didn't belong to them. :( oh well.

MM.Junior.

Regular
Mar 14, 2012
People suck. I have a buddy who painted my car and did awesome. Kdx autopainting. Search for it on here. Most people will also vouch for how awesome my car looks as well

You got your whole car repainted? How much did you end up paying? And there's this guy I met on mm.net that his brother does this type of work and doesn't live far from my location..he lives in Cicero I believe..imma see if I can go and meet up with him. But would you mind posting a picture of your car after it got painted? TIA.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
DSC_0560ul.jpg

black one

DSC_0565ul.jpg

DSC_0533.JPG

6978938136_9e6d5fbbfc_b.jpg

7125035529_8c5ff5fbcf_b.jpg

7125042245_4b220e825d_b.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You got your whole car repainted? How much did you end up paying? And there's this guy I met on mm.net that his brother does this type of work and doesn't live far from my location..he lives in Cicero I believe..imma see if I can go and meet up with him. But would you mind posting a picture of your car after it got painted? TIA.

whole car repainted yep.

to have done what i had done i would guess would be between 4-6k. possibly less though he would have to see the car in person.

but worth every penny. my car is fucking awesome now. i love it again.

Hey shoot me a text. 815-531-9172, my neighbor does body work, I've seen him paint cars, and he painted my trunk lid for me..does really good work, and its a side gig right now so it's relatively cheap. I'll shoot him a text tonight and see what he would want, but he'll probably need pics to give an exact price.

Side note..when I get around to spraying my whole car, he will be the one doing it..he does good work for cheap prices...MAACO is shit. (unless you do prep work yourself)

Risky

Apr 20, 2011
Yeah my brother lives in Cicero and he has 22 years experience in spraying and body work he could help you out. I talked to him earlier today and he told me that he would have to see how bad the scratches are. He is actually finishing up my friends marauder.The marauder had a couple of scratches and a couple of dents. He is going to paint the hood,front fender,driver door and front and rear bumpers and blend everything so the paint could match. I'll post some pics of the car as he preps it for paint and when it's all done.it will be done tomorrow

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info