05 G35, no abs or tcs

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
im trying to help out a buddy of mine, hes got an 05 g35 4dr auto. he was trying to drive it to class through deeper snow than he probably should have been. he had the traction control on and got stuck, so after a minute or so of revving it trying to get out, the tcs and abs were disabled and there was a tcs and abs light on, it also said "slip." he parked the car and let it sit overnight, in the morning everything was still disabled. no cel. anyone have any idea?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm not g35 wiz but cel's aren't lit up from abs/tcs. My guess is he either ripped or tore one of the sensors or sensor wires up attempting to get unstuck or he confused the shit out of the computer so it's assuming something is wrong. Maybe disconnect the battery and reset everything? That would be the first thing i would do, and then after that look for broken, frayed, f-ed up wires? That's all of the .02 i gotz. Good luck hopefully you find out what's wrong with it. I love my abs and traction control lol.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Sounds like VDC into failsafe mode becuase the computer got confused on what was going on. But once you turn the car off and on, it should reset back to normal and turn off all lights. So all the lights were on this morning still? Maybe go to the dealer or post up on g35driver.com

Next time he gets stuck, turn off VDC because it will keep killing power to the wheels, thus wont really help. Other than that VDC works wonders in the snow.

Last edited:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Sounds like VDC into failsafe mode becuase the computer got confused on what was going on. But once you turn the car off and on, it should reset back to normal and turn off all lights. So all the lights were on this morning still? Maybe go to the dealer or post up on g35driver.com

Next time he gets stuck, turn off VDC because it will keep killing power to the wheels, thus wont really help. Other than that VDC works wonders in the snow.

I remember when you were doing doughnuts up in Vernon Hills the G turned off. :picard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info