Nevada first state to license Google's Self Driving car.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Why is it stupid?

More technology = more complications, hackers, more complex issues to fix and I just plain old don't and will not trust a computer to drive me or drive near me. And complications in collisions. Who's at fault? A computer?

And possibly another way for our wonderful government to watch over you with this computer controlled car.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
More technology = more complications, hackers, more complex issues to fix and I just plain old don't and will not trust a computer to drive me or drive near me. And complications in collisions. Who's at fault? A computer?

And possibly another way for our wonderful government to watch over you with this computer controlled car.

LOL! I don't mean this in a nasty way but 125 years ago, someone just like you was saying "I just plain don't and will not trust those horseless carriages. If there's a collision, who's at fault? The motor? I will keep my horse! He won't run into anybody."

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
well they already watch over us through the phone.

Hackers cant hack something they dont have physical access to or isnt on a network.

Traffic will be a thing of the past if its controlled via a program that can calculate distance, speed, location, etc... and not by inaccurate drivers.

The more cars that get this, the less accidents there will be since they will be able to communicate between each other which can allow faster speeds with less accidents since the cars have sensors to know where EVERYTHING is around it at all times compared to humans who have blind spots and distractions

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
LOL! I don't mean this in a nasty way but 125 years ago, someone just like you was saying "I just plain don't and will not trust those horseless carriages. If there's a collision, who's at fault? The motor? I will keep my horse! He won't run into anybody."

Im just Not really a fan of technologies that start taking human elements out of everyday life. Even if some of those elements are flawed.

Computer controlled car for those that are old, handicap or just physically hate driving. I can see that as a plus.

But the way of the future. I sure hope not.

Personally I love driving and millions of other do too. Leave us alone.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
So how exactly does it work? It a route mapped out that it has to navigate or what?

Personally I dont like it. Seems too easy for someone to take control of. Lots of other things I dont like. I'm all for technology in cars, but I like to be in control of my own car. I have a hard enough time riding as a passenger.

Also, how am I going to program the AI driver so it knows when to spray the car? :s00ls:

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
May 10, 2010
University Park, IL
Real Name
Charles
Im just Not really a fan of technologies that start taking human elements out of everyday life. Even if some of those elements are flawed.

Computer controlled car for those that are old, handicap or just physically hate driving. I can see that as a plus.

But the way of the future. I sure hope not.

Personally I love driving and millions of other do too. Leave us alone.

^^This. Seems like a cool idea. Might be nice if the elderly, handicap, and so on could order them if need be. However it's just something about it being mass produced for everyone that really bothers me..

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So how exactly does it work? It a route mapped out that it has to navigate or what?

Personally I dont like it. Seems too easy for someone to take control of. Lots of other things I dont like. I'm all for technology in cars, but I like to be in control of my own car. I have a hard enough time riding as a passenger.

Also, how am I going to program the AI driver so it knows when to spray the car? :s00ls:

It uses 360' infrared and sonar to detect objects and calculate distance. Plus bigger gps sensors for more accurate pin pointing + google maps most likely for navigation

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.