TA's Paint: Fixable?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Under direct sunlight I can see what looks like spider web cracks throughout the TA's paint. The car still looks good from 10 feet away, but up close this is off-putting. I know there's only so much you can do for 14-year old paint with 110,000 miles, but is this something that can be corrected, or is a repaint the only option at this point?

TApaint.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
cant tell whats going on with that pic. looks like they are just swirl marks which can be buffed out.

my buddies TA has the cracks you are talking about in the front bumper cover. the paint is lifting up and the only way to fix that is with a respray.

I don't think they're swirl marks but I could be using the wrong terminology. When I look at the car in the sunlight, the sun or light source has a halo of marks around it that I can most accurately describe as looking like a spider web.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
I don't think they're swirl marks but I could be using the wrong terminology. When I look at the car in the sunlight, the sun or light source has a halo of marks around it that I can most accurately describe as looking like a spider web.

when was the last time it was detailed?

by the pictures, it just looks like what are called swirl marks. they can be greatly reduced by doing a complete detail.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.