00 trans am or 02 ws6

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
im going to making my buy this week. i have found a couple cars and narrowed it down to 2. both the same color (the pewter color) both leather, auto, t-top

first one is a 00 trans am, 127Kmiles, aftermarket wheels (new tires), tint, a couple of spots on the body messed up, catback and lid. clean title, talked him to $6,000

second on is 02 WS6, 115K miles, double din head unit, clean body/interior, catback exhaust, REBUILT TITLE, asking $6,000 OBO

which should i go with?

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
ended up with niether. found a 98 ws6 instead.

photo-40.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Everyone is afraid of rebuilt title cars but honestly if they are fixed right and priced right you can get a great car. Just remember they are worth less and you will have a hard time selling it when the time comes. MANY cars have also been wrecked really bad and still have clean titles and most people would never know.

As far as that 98 WS6. It does not have a WS6 hood or wheels so I hope you made sure it was a real WS6 if you paid a premium. They are worth more.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Everyone is afraid of rebuilt title cars but honestly if they are fixed right and priced right you can get a great car. Just remember they are worth less and you will have a hard time selling it when the time comes. MANY cars have also been wrecked really bad and still have clean titles and most people would never know.

As far as that 98 WS6. It does not have a WS6 hood or wheels so I hope you made sure it was a real WS6 if you paid a premium. They are worth more.

This is true. I totalled my mustang and sold it with a clear illinois title.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
it is a true ws6. the hood is a aftermarket firehawk hood. it has a few bolt ons (catback, lid, k&n, 85mm intake/tb, uninstalled new ZEX kit)

i agree the wheels blow balls. the tires on them are shot anyways so i will be replacing them soon.

and i wasnt afraid of the rebuilt title, in my opinion it just saves me money, but when i picked up this one for $5,500, which would have been the same price as the other, i thought it was a good buy. it has 125K on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.