Interior Smell - Cat Piss Edition

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I just picked up a roller earlier today. The dude I bought it from had the full interior (which was stored separately in a barn.) I took the interior with the car. The problem is there were 30+ (not exaggerating) cats in this barn. So the interior reeks of cat piss (or stench, whatever it is.) The seats appear to be vinyl. Do you guys know of anything I can use to get the stink off these seats and interior panels?

Thanks!

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
after some quick research, I can confirm you are definitely fucked. The smell can only be reduced, not completely taken care of.

X2

Ive thrown away 3 couches including a nice ass leather one because the cat piss ALWAYS wins. Youll cover it up but the second water touches it, it reeks like it just happened

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
You can get the smell out of carpet all the panels, the seats are harder. A stupid cat snuck into my garage and got into a car and stunk it up. I took all the interior out and pretreated it with cleaner and fabrise. Then I powerwashed all the fabric. The foam got soaked in a bucket a few times. When it dried out it didn't smell anymore.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Only thing I can recommend would be soak the shit out of the interior with an Enzyme Cleaner. That should help break down some of the "stain". Cat piss and gas aren't just odors on fabrics, they are actually more of a stain. They never really fully come out.

The only thing that has a chance of actually eliminating it would be some kind of enzyme cleaner. Maybe Bob or Kevin or another one of the detailers can give their opinion on this. Enzyme treatment, shampoo, enzyme treatment again, shampoo then dry. Make sure to put some fans on it or stick it out in the warm sun. Mold smells just as bad at cat piss.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.