Who supplies VP M1 (100%) methanol on the far northside near IL/WI border?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I recently moved back here and plan to start tuning my car on the new fuel system and with methanol too. I don't have much VP M1 left in my jug so I need to locate some more. Does anyone know of a place that is somewhat close to Lake Villa that offers this? I would prefer to not have to drive an hour south of me just to pick up methanol. I searched and only found threads over 2 years old with few offerings. Thanks.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
winners circle in joliet has a bunch of fuel. If you can contact paul mantia (mantia) on chitown, he is a vp fuels distrubutor. you can also see if ams or sound performance can order up some.

Thank you. I was hoping to find a place that sells it near the IL/WI border where I live. I will keep those in mind though. I would rather not take a 2-4 hour drive just to pick up some methanol.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
According to the VP Midwest Rep here are the VP dealers closest to me that sell methanol.

Automotorsports West Chicago 847-709-0530
Fast Time Motorworks Morton Grove 847-966-3278
T&T Racing Engines Gurnee 847-222-2020
S&S Chassis Schiller Park 847-678-3000

I called T&T. They have since merged with some other place and don't order methanol too often which sucks. Up north to Schmidt in Wind Lake, WI I go.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
winners circle in joliet has a bunch of fuel. If you can contact paul mantia (mantia) on chitown, he is a vp fuels distrubutor. you can also see if ams or sound performance can order up some.

According to the VP Midwest Rep here are the VP dealers closest to me that sell methanol.

AutoMotorSports West Chicago 847-709-0530
Fast Time Motorworks Morton Grove 847-966-3278
T&T Racing Engines Gurnee 847-222-2020
S&S Chassis Schiller Park 847-678-3000

:bigthumb:

Glad you were able to track it down, had a whore of a time even trying to find Q16 in a pinch last year.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I wonder what the difference in vp methanol and just regular bulk methanol would be we have a 5000 gallon tank here at work

The VP M1 methanol is almost 100% pure (like 99.5% or something). The other VP methanol mixtures have less methanol content but more additives that are said to possibly unlock more power and help seal life. I am not familiar with the other ones so I will just stick with 100% meth and then mix it by weight with water for my blend.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Oh your using it for intercooling, that's cool. I thought it was your primary fuel. Yea i am using winsheild fluid for my water injection.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

I run an A:A intercooler so I am using it to drop charge temps even more and raise fuel octane since I have not made the switch to E85 yet. Should allow for a good bump in spark timing advance in the tune. I don't want to use windshield washer fluid because meth content varies widely depending on make and season.

What percent is your average washer fluid? Didn't realize you had meth injection with that baby eater turbo on your car.

It really ranges depending on the brand and model you get. The usual is 20%-35% by weight but it varies WIDELY. There are some mixes that offer 40% by weight which is about 44-45% by volume but I doubt those are sold around these parts. Since the proper way to calculate mixing meth and water is by weight, due to the way meth binds with water, windshield washer fluid ends up being even less potent than stated on their labels by volume when used for meth injection systems.

About 20% meth for the blue -20 degree stuff you get at gas stations. But it needs to be fresh out of the bottle, meth evaporates fast.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

I mix my water/meth by weight so that I know I am getting a true 50/50 and if I mix it then I know it is consistent every time. People have GREAT success with washer fluid and I don't knock it, but I just don't trust an undefined fuel mixture I have no direct control over.

79vette

Wrenching
Feb 10, 2009
Batavia
yea I am using c-16 with locked timing for my set up, so I have no dependance on the meth injection for octane. I simply use it to knock down my intake temps abit. the blowthrough carb does a significant amount of chemical intercooling also. I have a large cube volumetric efficent motor with a big efficent turbo. I am getting about 2000 hp at 25 psi and the intake charge temps are not going too high. I could run pure water and it should make little difference. I just dialed in the tune on the washer fluid, so I am sticking to that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.