E85 Conversation Help

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
:ugh: looks like you aren't really prepared to do some research on what you need. ProEFI isn't cheap. I'm pretty sure it is more than an XFI even, which is in the neighborhood of 1800-2000. would bet it costs 3k+ for a fully optioned version with the flex fuel sensor...

a walbro 255 can feed approx. 220 lph at 24 psi of boost (base pressure 42 psi) based on what information I dug up.

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
ProEFI is pretty pricey. But it is definitely worth it! Everything can be controlled through a CAN gauge if you have the right sensors. The only problem that people have talked about was difficulty with self tuning and finding tuners that are proficient at using it. Just because you are going with a new EMS, doesn't necessarily mean you need a new fuel setup... in that case, ProEFI sounds a little overkill for you. Haha I have heard that AEM V2 was supposed to have an upgrade for it soon.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Make sure that if you tune it yourself to do so in Lambda and not AFR if you aren't familiar with the differing stoich values of gasoline versus E85 and how wideband fuel calibrations work. I see people confusing themselves all the time when they aren't familiar with this and try to tune their car on a different fuel. Tune it for .77 lambda and you should make good power and be safe.

BoostedK20

Cool story bro, I make dinosaurs.
Feb 16, 2010
Im sure if you go on Vwvortex there are threads about converting your car over in e85.

I currently run e85 and have ID1000's, fuel lines, and a 255 in tank walbro.

I ran into the issue of letting my car sit in the summer when it is humid and ethanol absorbs moisture so my injectors rusted. Kinda sucked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.