School me on the Honda Ruckus

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Like the title says... school me on these things. I'm getting my M license soon, and want one of these things to rip around on and save some money on gas. Definatley looking for the 150cc model, 250's are in motorcycle price territory and.... well, 49cc is just too small.

Any good? bad? about these things, or does the Honda reliability carry over? Also, would I be better off looking for a modified one? Or start fresh with an untouched one?

Lastly, what should I expect to pay for one? looks like i can get a mid-late 2000's for around 1700-2000, but I may be off.

TIA

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
WELL LETS SEE, FIRST OFF THERE IS ONLY ONE MODEL, THE 49CC. ANY OTHERS THAT YOU HAVE SEEN ARE SWAPPED. YOU DONT NEED A LICENSE FOR THEM BUT YOU NEED PLATES AND INSURANCE.
SINCE YOU ARE GETTING A USED ONE YOU WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO FIND A LATER (POST 06 IS WHAT U WANT) MODEL FOR UNDER $2K NO PROBLEM. IF YOU WANT A SWAPPED ONE THEN THERES NO WAY IN HELL YOU WILL GET ONE FOR THAT CHEAP, AS A SWAP IS ABOUT 1500 BY ITSELF. AS FAR AS RELIABILITY GOES ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CHANGE THE DRIVE BELT EVERY 1000 MILES AND CHANGE THE OIL AND GEAR LUBE EVERY SEASON. AND IT STARTS AND RUNS EVERY TIME. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY ABOUT SWAPPED SCOOTERS IS THAT YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE THE ENGINE CAME FROM. A REPUTABLE BUILDER MAY PUT OUT A GREAT ENGINE BUT ITS NEARLY INDISTUINGHABLE (SP?) FROM A CHEAP CHINESE MOTOR THAT MAY BREAK DOWN ALL THE TIME OR EAT STATORS.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Good to know, I don't necessairily care about speed, but I've ridden 49cc scooters and.... yawn lol, maybe these are different. I don't want one that's been swapped most definatley, I was just doing some research on craigslist and they made no mention of swap but had different CC's, so i just ASSumed that one. Thanks for the info.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
THERE IS A NEW COLOR COMBO FOR THE 2012'S THOUGH.... JDM AS FUCK
2012_Ruckus_500.jpg

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
If u wanted a scoot.

Maybe consider a zuma 125cc. Should be under $2k. Doesn't look bad to me. Its a Yamaha, goes maybe 60mph.

Ruckus are mainly for the jdm crowd like a civic. You pay the ricer tax. Most should be under $1k but since its jdm as hell its more like $1800. That zuma 125 is like the corolla v6 equal. There is also a zuma 49 as well.

I started to want one and now we'll I'm on a motorcycle lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.