Body work questions

Dxtryng

Mar 17, 2012
elgin,IL
So a couple days ago I was driving my truck on the highway and my tire decided it was a good time to blow up... well the tread decided it was going to come off sounds more accurate. anyways the tire crushed the bed all around it my insurance says that they will fix it by cutting the side of the bed and welding in a new side.... is that the correct way to fix it or should i argue with them and try and get a new bed?

Dxtryng

Mar 17, 2012
elgin,IL
555826_10150660063638348_588508347_9182200_350313629_n.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So a couple days ago I was driving my truck on the highway and my tire decided it was a good time to blow up... well the tread decided it was going to come off sounds more accurate. anyways the tire crushed the bed all around it my insurance says that they will fix it by cutting the side of the bed and welding in a new side.... is that the correct way to fix it or should i argue with them and try and get a new bed?

that's correct and totally fine... just make sure you take it to a good shop.

who is your insurance.

Dxtryng

Mar 17, 2012
elgin,IL
American family, they said it’s like 2300 to fix the damage... and they are going to get the side panel off another truck that has been totaled.... do you by a chance know what a body shop charges per hour of work the insurance company said its 28 book hours of work and I will not have the truck for 6 days just seems like thats a low amount for 28 hours at a shop

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
their talking about getting a junk yard bed and then we have to cut that off fit it trim prep it, and install it on your truck fight for a new ford panle dont know why a junk yard panel is invovled

its really no biggie to replace a bed side on a pick up i can have your truck done and in paint shop in 2 days where is the truck at now

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
American family, they said it’s like 2300 to fix the damage... and they are going to get the side panel off another truck that has been totaled.... do you by a chance know what a body shop charges per hour of work the insurance company said its 28 book hours of work and I will not have the truck for 6 days just seems like thats a low amount for 28 hours at a shop

No that's about right because shops will estimate about 5 hours per day. It's probably between 46 and 52$ an hour. Do you have rental car coverage?

Dxtryng

Mar 17, 2012
elgin,IL
Okay so I found a bed off a 2003 that's like brand new the guy that has it has been storing it since 2003 when he bought the truck new and swapped the bed for a work box bed... Now I just need to have it painted does anyone know a shop that does a good job that would be interested in doing a cash deal?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.