Police this year & motorcycles!

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Just thought i'd let you guys know i've only been riding for 6 years now but the previous 6 years i've never been pulled over once on the bike. They have all been modified/loud etc. This year for the 2 weeks i've had the bike out i've been pulled over 6, yes SIX TIMES! And not even for speeding or doing anything stupid.

I've been pulled over 3 times because they said they couldn't see my license plate. They actually check my license for M class and of course my insurnace on the bike. Then usually I get let off with a verbal and I got a written warning the last time.

I've been pulled over 2 times for loud exhaust, and again checking my License for an M class and insurance and they also mentioned my licesne plate was hard to see.

The last time was at night, he whipped a u-turn and said I failed to dim my headlight for an oncoming car and that was illegal let me off with a warning. I didnt even use my highbeam it was my low beam I have an HID so it is bright/glares but I was like wow thats the first time for that cars dont even flash me on the back roads.

I'm not bitching at police for doing their job or mad about it the bikes plate is in a trick spot and it is loud but I've been talking to other local riders and it's been the same for others as well.

So just giving every one a heads up, make sure you don't have any burnt out bulbs, or change up your plate mount, etc. Because they seem to be out targeting bikes.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Haters_Gonna_Hate.gif

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
They'll get bored soon enough.

Also the failure to dim ticket (had you gotten one) is VERY easy to get out of in court because the Secretary of State actually RECCOMENDS that you use your high beam on a bike during the day. It's actually even printed in the M Class Rules of the Road book

said this happened at night. soooo

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I noticed everyone in the Rt.47/Rt.30 area is a little excited this year, I can't go to work without seeing at least 1-2 squads somewhere on 47, always see a couple on 30, and I even saw a Kane Co speedtrapping Harter about a mile out of Kaneville which I've never seen in the 5-6 years driving that road...

Aww man that's no good! I used to rip down that road all the time on the bike.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
I just got pulled over on on I88 heading westbound right past the toll both before Orchard Rd and guess what for....

He said he couldn't see my licesne plate, I wasn't speeding, I was getting on it, weaving traffic, nothing I was in the center lane I passed him and he pretty much instantly pulled out. The first thing he asked me was if I had a valid M class and insurance on the bike. Then he told me why I he was pulling me over I got a nice $120 ticket out of it and he told me to enjoy the rest of this nice day.

Any one with out an M class or not so "legal" shit on their bike I would think about fixing them two of my friends also got pulled over today for the same thing.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
No my plate is on my undertail towards the back half it's not impossible to see but it's there I asked the guy can I mount it on the swing arm sideways he say yes as long as its plan visible. But I've heard some people say cops say you can mount it like that I'm not sure what I am going to do I have a hot bodies undertail on it right now

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
A few cars and some of us motorcyles were riding on 55 this weekend when a undercover black tahoe came up to me. Then he passed me and when up to my friend and was riding right next to him for about a half mile and lit him up.
Got him for illegal display of his license plate. It's on a slight angle, but is perfectly visible from anywhere. He did get a $120 ticket.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.