Help with a 1997 Integra

Jakeman17

TCG Elite Member
Aug 1, 2009
Algonquin
I have a 1997 integra LS. Yesterday I drove to work radio/Clock worked great. As I got to work there was a sqealing in the speakers. I shut off the car and went into work. I got out of work started the car and the clock/radio didnt work and the ABS light was off(usually on). I started checking fuses there is a fuse under the hood called back up that was blown. Replaced the 7.5Amp fuse last night. This morning I figured I would check the head unit wiring to make sure no exposed wires. There was a few of them so I retaped everything. I drove the car and the fuse blew again with no head unit connected. Any one know what the "back up" fuse is connected too??

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I think that fuse also powers the rear "back-up" lights when you shift into reverse.
I had an Integra years ago and if I recall, those rear tail lights leak and can get water inside which could cause a short.

Unfortunately, Honda got the bright idea to attach the radio and clock to that fuse as well.

Check the tail lights and back-up lights for water, corrosion, shorts, or maybe a bad bulb.

Jakeman17

TCG Elite Member
Aug 1, 2009
Algonquin
I think that fuse also powers the rear "back-up" lights when you shift into reverse.
I had an Integra years ago and if I recall, those rear tail lights leak and can get water inside which could cause a short.

Unfortunately, Honda got the bright idea to attach the radio and clock to that fuse as well.

Check the tail lights and back-up lights for water, corrosion, shorts, or maybe a bad bulb.

Ok thanks I'll check that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.