Anyone use the CG Lock?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Now that I have a car that actually take a corner well I find I slide all over the seat. haha So I am looking for ways to reduce movement in the factory seat. I am not looking to install a roll bar, racing seats and 5pt harnesses at this time. I remember seeing the CG Lock. Does any one have any experience with these? Seems like a good concept but looking for actual user feedback. Or does any one have any other devices I should look into?

Thanks!

cg-lock-1.jpg

cg-lock-formula.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I drove a friend's BMW that had it the other weekend. It did a nice job of keeping me from sliding around on his leather seats. He swears by it, but noted that when he drove my car on the same stretch of road (Starved Rock), the cloth buckets in my GTI held him in place just fine. I'd say it's a worthwhile investment if you want to be more stuck to your leather seats.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Nasioc used to love these things a few years ago. Never heard anything horrible about them.

Good to hear

I drove a friend's BMW that had it the other weekend. It did a nice job of keeping me from sliding around on his leather seats. He swears by it, but noted that when he drove my car on the same stretch of road (Starved Rock), the cloth buckets in my GTI held him in place just fine. I'd say it's a worthwhile investment if you want to be more stuck to your leather seats.

Ya, I have leather seats. And they do not have good side bolsters. Would love to snag a set of GT500 ot Boss302 Recaro seats with alcantra leather. But they are hard to come by used and expensive!

I love mine for track days. Does not beat a harness of course.

Ya, A harness and bar to attach them to will cost me about $700. More than I want to spend at this point. But good to hear you like the CG lock too.

jesus, I didn't even know they made these. I am assuming your talkin about your 5.0. I am having the same issue for sure. This is the first car I have owned with leather and my ass does not stay planted.

Ya, This is for the GT. The leather seats are not great for aggressive driving for sure.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I've always just pulled the OEM belt tight and it worked well.

I've done this as well at the track. There is a trick that an instructor taught me a while ago to get the seatbelt to stay tight.

1. Move your seat all the way back as far as it will go.
2. Tighten your seatbelt as much as you can.
3. Give the seatbelt a yank and it should lock.
4. While holding it locked, move your seat back up to racing position.

Moving the seat up on step 4 will eliminate any slack and it will stay tight until you move the seat back. Just be sure to not to make it so tight that you can't breathe.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
I've done this as well at the track. There is a trick that an instructor taught me a while ago to get the seatbelt to stay tight.

1. Move your seat all the way back as far as it will go.
2. Tighten your seatbelt as much as you can.
3. Give the seatbelt a yank and it should lock.
4. While holding it locked, move your seat back up to racing position.

Moving the seat up on step 4 will eliminate any slack and it will stay tight until you move the seat back. Just be sure to not to make it so tight that you can't breathe.
I do this even with my harness. I'll put it on a little loose, move the seat up a little and go from there. When I come off the track, I just slide the seat back to get out of the harness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.