Trade E46 M3 for 2012 GT/CS?

My father has a 2006 Alpine white E46 M3 SMG Convertible with 22k on it. The car is spotless and has a black cloth top and grey interior. He recently started looking at this brand new 2012 Mustang GT California Special. The Mustang is also white has black interior and is an auto 6 speed. It would be an even trade cash wise since the GT's sticker is 32k, the problem is, my dad is having trouble letting go of his little BMW. So my question is, which would you rather have?

Thanks, Mario.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
How does he use the car? Cruising?

Edit:

As for what I would choose, Mustang hands down. But that's because of how nicely it responds to mods. Mustang will have more nose dive and body roll than the M3, though. Probably not as tight feeling.

Honestly, the mustang. And I'm actually surprised to say that. And that's even with the auto in the ford.

How does he use the car? Cruising?

Edit:

As for what I would choose, Mustang hands down. But that's because of how nicely it responds to mods. Mustang will have more nose dive and body roll than the M3, though. Probably not as tight feeling.

He usually drives it to work during the summer months so more of a DD.

mustang...but I would rather have a fully loaded GT over a GT/CS. Also, I didn't know the CS were going for only 32k brand new...sweet if it is the case. The new stangs are pretty damn sweet, but I am very biased.

yes 32k after fords $3000 rebate. Sticker was 35k and some change.

Saw your post on SVTP too.

Like i said on there, i'd rather have the stang since it's newer and has better performance.

Yeah I'd have to say Mustang too, seems like you can't really go wrong with one :rofl: :ford:

Has he taken a new GT for a test drive? I think they sell themselves really. If he is on the line, he won't be after the drive. If he still isn't sold on the stang...he should keep his bimmer.

Yes, we test drove the gt/cs and a 2013 vert. yesterday and he is still on the fence. I'm not sure how though, i would of ditched the M3 a long time ago.

Also, Thanks for all of the reply's everyone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.