Best place to buy brake parts...

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
I really dont understand why people cheap out on the most important thing on a car. Get mid grade stuff from Napa or Advance.

How could they sell it if it doesn't work, or isn't up to manufacturer specs? I have always bought the cheapest stuff from vatozone and have yet to have a brake failure or any other kind of issue for that matter.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Also had you tried better pads than the vatozone stuff? How could you know theyre just fine?

Not trying to hate but Ive had plenty of first hand expierience with cheap vs good. And IMO spending the money is worth having good brakes.

When I did the brakes on the Lumina I spent almost 500 dollars on all new pads, rotors, and calipers. The thing stops better than alot of vehicles despite having realatively small brakes for the size of the car.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Of course I've tried better pads, I'll install whatever the owner of the vehicle wants me to put in. But why buy all high end brake parts for say a 95 s10, 95 cougar... or a lumina when the cheap stuff does the same thing for a 1/3 of the cost? Just doesn't make sense if all you use the car for is a dd.

Cheap pads dont perform as well as good pads. Also I have Lifetime warranty on everything. I dont give a shit about them and beat them to hell autoXing and just every day driving. And I can lock up all four wheels with no problem

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Cheap pads dont perform as well as good pads. Also I have Lifetime warranty on everything. I dont give a shit about them and beat them to hell autoXing and just every day driving. And I can lock up all four wheels with no problem

Well if your autoXing your car than its worth it to have a better pad. Just saying there is nothing wrong with saving some money and buying cheap pads for a commuter. Most of them come with a lifetime warranty as well.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
After spending big money for on a Baer/Hawk setup for the Z06. I went the cheap route on the TA and bought rotors and pads all around for $160.

BRAKEMOTIVE Drilled & Slotted Brake Kits - LOWEST PRICES EVER! - LS1TECH

Alot of positive reviews on LS1tech and eBay. I figure even if they only last a year I will be still ahead. Budget race car.

I have NAPA Adaptive One Ceramic Pads and NAPA Ultra Premium Rotors on the GTP. That setup is around $400 retail.

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
Rockauto has great prices but the shipping is cost is too high because they have to ship from two or three different locations. Maybe i will call them.

Ebay has a set of ceramic pads i like, no rotors though.

I am getting tired of searching.

Did you not follow my original link?? Its $97 for 2 front rotors and ceramic pads with free shipping.. You won't find much cheaper than that. And like I said, they are in the Chicago area. I got a couple warped rotors one time and they sent out another set free of charge and didn't even want the first set back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.