photo3-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
unique solution to clean up the engine bay a bit. debris shouldnt be an issue , that looks like 1/4in alum plate but with those holes there id put a lower plate in there of thinner stuff with rear facing louvers for cooling airflow and minimize the chance of water spray getting to the coils.
as long as he uses silglyde/silicone grease on the primary plugs and the ignition cables i dont think water would be an issue unless it gets parked in a river.

it really doesnt look to be that bad as far as servicability as its just 4 bolts to drop it down. as long as the wires are numbered topside and bottomside it shouldnt be too bad.

unique solution to clean up the engine bay a bit. debris shouldnt be an issue , that looks like 1/4in alum plate but with those holes there id put a lower plate in there of thinner stuff with rear facing louvers for cooling airflow and minimize the chance of water spray getting to the coils.
as long as he uses silglyde/silicone grease on the primary plugs and the ignition cables i dont think water would be an issue unless it gets parked in a river.

it really doesnt look to be that bad as far as servicability as its just 4 bolts to drop it down. as long as the wires are numbered topside and bottomside it shouldnt be too bad.

A plate with louvers would be a good idea.

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York

i like the louvers idea. car won't see harsh weather. look at the third pic. the fat sway bar and two turbos will kill me in the rain/snow before i will damage these. debris and whatnot won't be an issue either. this section was pretty much spotless compared to the rest of the underside of my car.

if i bottom out hard enough to hit this, i probably broke my coil overs.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i like the louvers idea. car won't see harsh weather. look at the third pic. the fat sway bar and two turbos will kill me in the rain/snow before i will damage these. debris and whatnot won't be an issue either. this section was pretty much spotless compared to the rest of the underside of my car.

if i bottom out hard enough to hit this, i probably broke my coil overs.
oh i figured, but i do always plan for things to be easily servicable and protected, never know when youll hit a downpour so better splash shielding would be all id do, you could always go nuts and do a full lower pan with the front kicking up in front of the crossmember.

I hate to ask but what is the point? What have we gained my moving the coils? I am not trying to be a smart ass FYI.

sometimes other major changes make wires from above difficult, some people do it just to cleanup the engine bay

i located my coil pack just above my bellhousing, much lower and farther back than a turbo 3.8 buick. my headers go upward and then forward, so the best option for my ignition cables is to run em under my headers alongside the block

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.