Car feels like its about to break apart

s4rge

Laser Red Stanger
Apr 9, 2005
The car is fine on the street. When i jump on the expressway and get her up to 80-90mph it feels like hell is about the break loose. There is so much vibration coming through the shifter handle that i put it into neutral thinking something had broke. The nose inside the cabin is similar to a airplane during landing

Only thing i changed since this started happening was:

New brake pads all around- Didnt resurface or change the rotor

One mis-match tire on the rear. Same size but different brand and tread.

Would any of these things cause a crazy vibration at highway speeds? Also, when i brake hard i get a VRROOOOM sound like a airplane hitting its brakes when your landing.

Could it be my rotors? Once again its fine on the street because i dont drive @ those speeds. I rarely drive @ 80-90 but i just want the problem fixed.

thanks.

s4rge

Laser Red Stanger
Apr 9, 2005
Any vibration in the brake pedal when braking hard from those high speeds?

The same noise when i apply moderate brake pressure any time. It actually sounds like a jet air plane using its brakes when i apply anything but LIGHT braking pressure.

Yes the brakes were done correctly. Im thinking i might need new rotors.

The drive shaft bolts have came loose before but i tightened up and had no problems.

The rear end. I do get strange metal on metal noises in from the rear end if im hard on the car then it goes away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info