Are Ford 31 spline axels any good?

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Right now I have the stock 28 spline axels from Ford. Next summer I wanna upgrade to 31s and I have zero faith in aftermarket companies long term. I noticed Ford Racing sells 31 spline anels, but only as a complete rear end kit that costs $1,080 I believe. I need to find a way to just make the purchase of the axels alone. The reason I am asking if the Ford 31s are any good is because I never really read of anyone having them. I hear about Strange and other companies all day, but when it comes to 31s I never really hear about Ford.

Thoughts?

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Aftermarket has always broken on me. The Ford stuff lasts. If I didn't daily drive it maybe that would be a different story. The car is used in the winter, takes road trips from coast to coast and drag raced all year long. It lasts as long as I have as little aftermarket on the car as possible.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Right now I have the stock 28 spline axels from Ford. Next summer I wanna upgrade to 31s and I have zero faith in aftermarket companies long term. I noticed Ford Racing sells 31 spline anels, but only as a complete rear end kit that costs $1,080 I believe. I need to find a way to just make the purchase of the axels alone. The reason I am asking if the Ford 31s are any good is because I never really read of anyone having them. I hear about Strange and other companies all day, but when it comes to 31s I never really hear about Ford.

Thoughts?

You do know you're gonna need to upgrade the center section to fit a 31 spline right? You can't just put 31's where 28's went.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I broke Ford 28 spline axels only because they weren't installed correctly. I have seen 11 second cars blow out their rear ends, but they didn't have Ford axels. So my money is on Ford. Just wanna know how everyones experience has been. Sounds like very few have had Ford 31s.

this is true.

like I said I am sure they are a quality part. I put a motorsport gear in my solid but I have strange 31's. I think everyone in drrrt has strange and all of us beat on the cars pretty hard.

I don't know if they are more or less expensive than strange or moser but I'd give them a shot if your not happy with others

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
this is true.

like I said I am sure they are a quality part. I put a motorsport gear in my solid but I have strange 31's. I think everyone in drrrt has strange and all of us beat on the cars pretty hard.

I don't know if they are more or less expensive than strange or moser but I'd give them a shot if your not happy with others

I would get whatever Larry has. He drives the fuck out of that car on the street and at the track.

Moser is an entry level axle.
Strange is the absolute best, but dont have an offering for the Marauder. Send them a stocker and they will churn out some 31 splines no problem.

Just buy the Ford axles.

hmmm... I'd go with Moser over Strange always. I run 31 spline Mosers in my daily driver without any issues for 3.5 years now. Had a bad experience with Strange building a 9" for my uncles notch years ago. I believe Mark Williams has the best and strongest axles out of any of the companies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info