Callin all nitrous guys, need advice!!!!

heartbreaker68

Officer, I swear..... It wasn't me....
Sep 10, 2004
Elgin
My buddy gave me a venom nitrous management module and the wiring, now my ? Is... Is it worth keeping and getting the rest of the system when I'm ready to install, or is it better to just get a brand new complete system, so I don't run in 2 any bumps in the road? now I was TOLD it's brand new and the wiring looks fresh as if it erent installed yet... Now I have thoroughly inspected everything Yet.. Any input would b greatly appreciated since I have not installed funny gas on any of my cars in the past.
How are venom systems?
Where is best to inject it on a turbo setup?
And when/where does it begin to get dangerous on on a turbo application?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
So far the plan is on the 85' with the 4.6 powerplant

What are the specs of the build on the 4.6 in it? What are your goals for the car ET wise? What turbo are you planning on running? How much money do you want to sink on it all? I don't have much personal experience with Venom systems but I have allot of nitrous experience in general with other brands. The Venom seems like the overpriced cookie cutter version of a progressive system to me. Perhaps they are better than I get the impression of. I would inject post-compressor, post FMIC and post MAFS. You planning on a wet, dry, or don't know? Answer some of these and we can start pointing you in the right direction, but until then I feel your questions are a bit more vague than what is needed for anyone to provide any relevant advice for your situation. :biggthump

heartbreaker68

Officer, I swear..... It wasn't me....
Sep 10, 2004
Elgin
I dont have exact specs on motor yet, I am kinda going back and forth here not 100% sure what Im wanting to do? I do kno for sure I want to do a turbo build!!
Turbo... I would like to do twin 76's, yet for some reason Im leaning towards a single 81 or larger mm??
Build price: I was planing on 12-15k on motor (would like to reach same goals and keep motor under 12k)
estimated ET: I really want to break into 9's or better on this build
wet or dry: Thats was 1 of my question, I wasnt sure wat was the beter choice?
Im kind of a virgin when it comes to nitrous, so I really want to educate myself as much as possible b4 i just jump into it. Also Idk if N2O is needed for my application, But was thinking it could help spool a lil quicker?? Plus.. its always nice to have more! LOL

I guess I should say.. I would like a lil lesson on N2O first to make my decision on if I really want to use it or not!??

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Plenty of guys on here built turbo mod motors, 2 of them had low 8 sec cars...yet they both are going different directions than mod motor lol everyone has dif opinions...

I have been on this site since 2005 so I am aware of how many guys on here have/had built turbo mod motor vehicles. Remember that coincidence doesn't equate to causation. Just because some of them decided to build other combos doesn't automatically mean that they think those other combos are more capable. Sometimes you just get tired of wrenching on a certain type of engine and want something new. I myself have gotten tired of building supercharged/turbo combos and ended up doing some direct port nitrous work or N/A work; or switching from working on Ford pushrods to modulars and then to GM LSx. That doesn't mean that is it safe to assume that I now think that those combos I most recently worked on are superior when it comes to performance. Sometimes ya just want something different to work on. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info