Shoehorn time!!!

heartbreaker68

Officer, I swear..... It wasn't me....
Sep 10, 2004
Elgin
I looking into dropping a teminator powerplant into an 85 notch. I would like a lil info, insight and a heads up on this project b4 i get balls deep in2 it! If any1 here has personally done it, seen, or heard of it, and exacty what am i in for if i choose to take it on?? I have an 85 notch in prestine cond. and really want to do something special wit it, im planning on droppin in the 03-04 cobra motor n then hopefully looking to do the hell raiser kit on it!! And qiuite possibly if the irs from the cobra can b modded or made solid enough to handle that power, i would like to put that in the notch as well?? Again if any1 at all has any useful info for this please share it, would b greatly appreciated!! and i will deff b keeping the board up to date on the build over the course of the winter (depending on biz that is) goal is to have it at byron in mid to late april fully completed...!??

heartbreaker68

Sep 10, 2004
Elgin
When it comes time for you to pull the trigger let me know i have a few cobra drivetrains 03 04. I would try svtp.com there is alot more info there. Most guys will point you in the right direction.

well, ive been planning it out now, for the last week or so actually... I really want to do it cause i have a perfect shell, and a 2v mod sitting jus waiting!! I just dont kno exactly how much hp a termi motor can take, if i ended up goin that route? If i end up doin this, i will deff do twin turbo setup, cuse well.... why not at that point!??
Another thing im a lil not sure of is, wiring, is there any1 out there that can mod my harness to work nicely and cleanly with the rest of it?? I have done hours upon hours of searching n reading on this and ive really got alot of edu. on it so I would really like to start soon b4 plow season kicks off and cant find the time!

heartbreaker68

Sep 10, 2004
Elgin
does any1 here kno for sure, if there is any cutting/modding need to b done to the actual engine bay, weather it b needed for the actual 4.6, or possabily need to make room for the turbo headers?? ive read that the toweres need to b cut and modded, but i have seen in other pics that they werent at all cut or structuraly modded at all??
I will b picking up a 4.6 into fox tubed k member this month, n hope to get a test fit in as well by end of month!! if all goes well, i look 4ward to planning wat exactly im doin powerplant wise, n getting all underway!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• heartbreaker68
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list