02 GP Tranny

So I just bought a 02 gp gt with 95k miles. The guy recently did a tranny drain fill and filter change. I notice when the car gets warmer, around hour and a half of driving the trans shifts a lil harder, not terrible but harder then it normally does... Typical thing or something to keep my eye on?

Also from cold start in our chicago weather the gas pedal sticks ONLY the first time I hit it, as soon as I put a little pressure it clicks and car drives perfect. Probably something stupid, maybe WD-40 can fix?

Thanks!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
alright... for the gas pedal thing, i would take off the throttle body, and spray some carb cleaner at ithe blade in the t/b and open and close it as you do it, its pretty easy to do, i could help you if youd like... cuz it can start to stick from egr buildup gunk... make sure you take out the maf sensor first tho so you dont hurt it, while the maf is out, clean it with some maf cleaner, and youll prolly pick up some gas mileage...

trans thing, i would send this guy an email and ask him, he is one of the few guruus with these trannys and really knows his shit...

http://www.tripleedgeperformance.com/

[email protected]

his names dave norris, and built the trans in my car... he knows his shit. very well.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list