SVO rear axle into sn95?

Mar 18, 2008
My sons 95 6 cylinder coupe rear end with 235k on has gave worn out. I can pick up a 86 SVO rear axle for 75 dollars. Will this rear axle work in the car. I have had no luck buying a 8.8 with 5 lug for a good price. Axle bearing are toast and I figure the axle are bad too. I hear the Ranger axles are too short for this application. He starts back to college soon and I need to get this fixed. I want to move to a 3.55 gear if possible. I think the 2.73 is not helping his mileage.

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
the fox axles are a bit narrower than the SN body axle... it should work, but it might look a hair goofy...

personally, I have a '95 GTS with a 99-04 axle... which is 1.5 inches overall wider than the '95 axle and it looks great. I am stuffing 315's under my car and I get to keep my quadshocks.

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
Assuming the SVO axle is the same width as a normal fox axle...you can put your sn95 shafts in there to get the same width as the original axle.

And i bet the 3.55 helps with gas as the car wont struggle as much to get moving.

i hope your joking. think about it........then get back to us.

really depends on the type of driving that is done...

if he is just around town, a 3.55 might actually be better on gas than a 2.73 gear....

but of course if he does a lot of highway driving the 2.73 will reign superior.

for comparison, try taking off in 3rd gear all of the time and run through 2 or 3 tanks like that and compare your mileage, I bet your mileage suffers because your car has to work harder to get up to speed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info