Brake reminder

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
This isn't a help thread this is more of a reminder. One of my work trucks is a 99 ford f150 which if you have worked with them you know they have one of the worst brake systems. You can read all day on the internet about the trucks brakes staying applied. Well after some reading and a little know how I decided to check the rubber hose brake lines. I know if they are old and really soft they can cause the issue. I drove around for a while to heat up the system and checked them. They looked like new, no bulging, and they are not soft. Then I proceed to check the brake booster adjuster and the master cylinder. Everything looked good, so now what great its the proportioning valve. Instead of playing this game which I don't have time for anyways I buy two new rubber hose brake lines. Guess what, the interior of the brake line must of been so eroded that it caused it. The truck brakes perfect now except warped rotors from the excessive heat before. So this is just a reminder that even if the outside of the rubber hoses look good they can still give you a headache for days. $30 total to fix the truck I couldn't be happier.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• DJ
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list