95 cobra vibration

caloriu

Jun 24, 2011
i got 95 svt cobra after a tko 500 install car started to vibrate at 500 idle and when driving also when rev up to 1500 and realease in neutral i can see and feel it in the stearing wheel i had a shop do the work and he basicly ran out of ideas i dont want to start any problems just want my car fixed any ideas or shop that actually have experience on the older 5.o not just the modular?

caloriu

Jun 24, 2011
Did you also change out the clutch with the trans swap? anything else changed at this time besides the trans?
yes the clutch was replaced it is a centerforce dual friction 26 spline kit the trans has that spline also 87-93 bell housing trans mount was replaced flywheel was resurfaced clutch cable and new quadrant was replaced at that time egr was abandoned and bbk equal shorty headders after all this stuff installed thats when the problem started after that we put a new flywheel back in a new complete clutch kit problem still there .replaced motor mounts added drive shaft spacer new plugs checked vibration damp and checked supercharger pulleys supercharger was installed before the trans and car had no problems but he wanted to check after all this he stabs in the dark and shoots it can be a bent rod in the motor and we should do a dyno tune i agree the car need a dyno but i want to figure out the problem before another 650 dollar investment last words i said to him and parked the car for a year.
the guy is good from word of mouth and thats why i tried him but somebody tell me if im wrong this started after the swap and all this work was done so if the rod was bent did it happen parked in his shop or did the car get that far modified that it needs a tune that bad now.

caloriu

Jun 24, 2011
Don't know if its true or not but i've heard of people clocking the driveshaft 90 degrees and then checking it. Keep clocking till it goes away.

Never had the issue myself, just what i've heard.

i guess it a place to start have not gone there yet but if the car is a dead stop the drive shaft is not spinning correct? the vibration is present even at stop when reving up to 1800 then goes away once throttle goes up or down its present at other rpm just that one i can produce very easy.

thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list