Trouble Engaging into 4WD - 94 Bronco

Scgoaty

Say Cheese
Feb 22, 2008
Algonquin, IL
I have a 1994 full size Ford Bronco that I use as a Daily Driver and Winter Beater. For some reason the 4WD will not engage this year, it worked last Winter. I have locking front hubs that need to be manually switched from Free to Lock, and then there is a push button on the dash to engage the 4WD. When I push the button I can hear a click, but it won’t engage.

Does any one have a suggestion on what I can check?

Scgoaty

Say Cheese
Feb 22, 2008
Algonquin, IL
It just needs a full replace ment, id recomend a 94 Blazer instead

LOL, you should see this thing. The rust has rust on it. I bought it three years ago for a grand, a bit of yearly maintenance each fall, but for the most part just gas and oil. Im just getting ready for my fourth winter with it. It is like driving a La-Z-Boy on wheels.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Yeah all the guys that I talk to that plow and stuff say that they have to engage the 4wd every once in awhile even in the summer just so that it won't get stuck like that. Also the push button 4wd is garbage, I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

:werd:
the electronic 4wd is nothing but problems. those electronic motors always go bad

Scgoaty

Say Cheese
Feb 22, 2008
Algonquin, IL
I am thinking of leaving it in 4WD for the whole winter. I have not tried to turn it off and back on yet. I have it warming up in my shop now, I will try to take it out of 4WD and put it back in later today and see what happens. I'll check on the price of a motor, but I would probably spend less in the additional gas cost over the winter than the cost of the part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info