any car audio people in here?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
So I want to replace the speakers in my GXP with something nice and have no idea whats good and whats crap. I want to have more of a sound quality setup over just loud garbage. So let hear some suggestions, I was thinking MB Quart, Infinity, and Polk speakers. Also the GXP has 6X9 speakers in the rear deck and 6.5 inch speakers in the front doors.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
The only problem is how music sounds is more of a personal preference. The type of music you listen to and how you like to hear it is different for each person. I would suggest going to a store and listening to the brands you are interested in and see which brand you like. Different brands have different sounds. Pioneer tends to lean towards the lower frequencies while Kenwood leans more to the high's. Polk Audio and Infinity are very good even range speakers so they produce sound equally across the frequency range.

That being said, I have Polk Audio speakers for the main speakers and Rockford Fosgate for the subwoofer. You can see my stereo system on Polk Audio's website: http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/installs/view.php?id=13

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
For Polk Audio speakers I would go with the DB691's for the rear and the DB6501's for the front. The DB6501's are seperates so you can install the woofer in the door and the tweeters at the top of the door or on the "A" pillar.

For Infinity's I would use the REF6020CS for the doors (these are seperates as well) and REF9623I for the rear deck.

Moving the tweeters up high in front will increase the front stage and provide a cleaner sound.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I have it too...

I almost wish I would have gone for the car without it and just bought an aftermarket unit. Why? Because then your signal would be cleaner... Only way now is with something like a JL cleansweep.
My car acme with the 6 disc changer but i got a fractory nav because i did not want to add all those stupid adaptors and hack up the wiring in the car.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
i have a set of 6x9 bostons... that came outta the gtp. u ssaw em on the ground when you were here... 45$? they cost me 2 hundo a couple two three years ago from tweeter, and were only used in my gtp for a lil while.

yeah boston was the other brand I was thinking.....why did you take them out? I might get those form you.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
i have a set of 6x9 bostons... that came outta the gtp. u ssaw em on the ground when you were here... 45$? they cost me 2 hundo a couple two three years ago from tweeter, and were only used in my gtp for a lil while.

can you post a pic and give me the model number, dont remerber what they look like

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I got some infinity kappa speakers today, 629.i for the front and 6292.i for the rear and they sound amazing. Money well spent there. I also picked up a Pioneer Z2 headunit that is not installed yet, still waiting on a dash kit and wiring harness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info