Anyone on?

Phreakazoid

Wallsticks, motherfucker
Dec 5, 2007
if the CEL is flashing, that means the PCM thinks the problem is bad enough to damage the cat converter. i would suggest not driving it until this issue is fixed.

She brought it to autozone, they gave her like 4 options that it could be (ugh..). She's taking it to a shop today, I know driving it is a bad idea but there's no other options. Autozone gave the options of basically it being her coil pack or wires, which is funny because her dad just replaced those.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
as long as she hasnt been driving it for an extended period of time with the light flashing it should be ok. by all means drive it to the shop, getting it towed would be stupid. having an ignition misfire means the dead cylinder is pumping air and fuel into the cat, which will melt the thing if it gets hot enough.
what year and how many miles does the car have? if it's less then 8 years old and has less then 80k miles i would get the cat checked out. if it turns out to be damaged the dealer, by law has to replace the cat free of charge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Phreakazoid
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list