Changing clutch on ford focus

Nov 10, 2006
unfortunately i dont have an answer but every quote i got when i had to change the clutch on mine was $1500ish and majority was labor.

had a connection to my stepfather's shop do it for parts only and that was only like $450 but it still took over a day to get done, sounded like alot needed to be removed and reinstalled to get the trans out, but since I didnt do the work, I didnt care what happened lol I just wanted it done.

LUK makes a great OEM type replacement that can be found on ebay for around $400-450 - great light pedal effort and good grabbing power.

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
well a fellow employee and i were looking to pick up this focus for cheap, fix the clutch, and flip in come tax refund time.

would it be possible for us to do it at an oil change, just workin in the bay area? just trying to get a rough idea of how much of a pain in the ass it would be and if it would be worth it. also looking for the learnin experience as well.

fastfocus

TCG Elite Member
Nov 30, 2004
well a fellow employee and i were looking to pick up this focus for cheap, fix the clutch, and flip in come tax refund time.

would it be possible for us to do it at an oil change, just workin in the bay area? just trying to get a rough idea of how much of a pain in the ass it would be and if it would be worth it. also looking for the learnin experience as well.

did the clutch on my 03 in mikeys garage.. took 11 hours with a ford tech helping. dropping the trans was easy, getting it back in was a PITA! if its a good deal then just do it, but fwd ftl.

btw, what kind is it?

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
Abt 3.5 hrs working in between oil changes to get the trans out.

8af4ef71.jpg

c3876d3e.jpg

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
Well it's done. What a friggin project. Everything was going smooth until we had to put the trans back in. Id say 9-10 hrs without a lift and basic mechanical skills is a good estimate, You guys were spot on. Thanks for the responses.

If anyone needs this done, now that I know how to do it and know the complications, I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info