Motorcycle guys in here. . .

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Bub exhaust. Sounds deep, not too loud, best quality, and American made. Full system if finances allow, slip ons if not. 2-1 for better performance, 2-2 if you like the looks better. Bub has O2 bungs already welded in. Get the Thundermax for the tuner from Fuel Moto, thereby avoiding the HD dealer totally. This is the better tuner over the SEPST or SERT, and you can avoid the dyno.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Mikey,

Here is the tuner....Pricewise about the same as a SEPST and a tune.

Jaime knows his bikes, give him a call. If you dont want to drop coin on an auto tuner you can just go with a Power commander and Jaime will help you out if it needs tweaking.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/zippers_thundermax.htm

Here is the best place to get Bub7 exhaust or other manufacturers too that I have found.........Good prices and good service........

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/s...-c-638_784_787_1608.html?filter_id=16&sort=3a

I like the look of the 2-2 on the bike like yours, looks good, IMO. The Bub slips look good too, and every HD I have heard that I REALLY like the sound of has had Bubs.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Mikey,

Here is the tuner....Pricewise about the same as a SEPST and a tune.

Jaime knows his bikes, give him a call. If you dont want to drop coin on an auto tuner you can just go with a Power commander and Jaime will help you out if it needs tweaking.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/zippers_thundermax.htm

Here is the best place to get Bub7 exhaust or other manufacturers too that I have found.........Good prices and good service........

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/s...-c-638_784_787_1608.html?filter_id=16&sort=3a

I like the look of the 2-2 on the bike like yours, looks good, IMO. The Bub slips look good too, and every HD I have heard that I REALLY like the sound of has had Bubs.

Thank you lyle. :headbang:

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
I's stay away from just slip-ons. You'll want more! Just think....can you do a cat back and just be happy? Or....would you rather have it done right...the first time.

Fuelmoto is awesome.....They have great prices and they are about 4 hours north of here. I've never read anything negative about them ever. I bought my Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2s from them and got it in 2 days.

Check this thread out for ideas.....
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/500989-calling-all-fatboy-lo-owners.html

I'd just find the sound you want and do slip-ons. Why spend the extra money for a full exhaust and tune for what little power you're going to get? It's a cruiser, just enjoy the bike.

Agreed about the slips, however even if he just does slip ons he does still need a tuner with the engine he has..........thats why I suggested a Tmax tuner, he wont have to pay to have it dynoed if he swaps exhaust later, the tuner will adapt and correct for the commanded AF ratio. Better than having to have it redynoed and tuned for any swaps later IMO.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Agreed about the slips, however even if he just does slip ons he does still need a tuner with the engine he has..........thats why I suggested a Tmax tuner, he wont have to pay to have it dynoed if he swaps exhaust later, the tuner will adapt and correct for the commanded AF ratio. Better than having to have it redynoed and tuned for any swaps later IMO.

Gotcha. I've been out of the bike scene too long :-o

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
I'd just find the sound you want and do slip-ons. Why spend the extra money for a full exhaust and tune for what little power you're going to get? It's a cruiser, just enjoy the bike.

Little power increase?

I know we're not talking land rockets here, but anyone that is on any sort of site like this like performance upgrades, no matter how little they may seem. How many people put a K&N filter in their new V6 Mustang because of the 15hp gain.

I went from 59hp and 71tq to 75hp to 91tq. That is like a 20% increase...no matter how you look at it, its a great gain. The other benefit from doing a full system with a tune is heat goes waaaaay down, the AF ratio goes down, better mpg, loss of weight (the factory pipes with the cats is really heavy)....and better looks. The ECM will adjust to just slip ons if you don't touch the intake.....but it will adjust it within what Harley states as EPA compliant.

Minus the apes...look at the way this looks.
1186284_1.jpg

Its worth the money just for the looks!

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Little power increase?

I know we're not talking land rockets here, but anyone that is on any sort of site like this like performance upgrades, no matter how little they may seem. How many people put a K&N filter in their new V6 Mustang because of the 15hp gain.

I went from 59hp and 71tq to 75hp to 91tq. That is like a 20% increase...no matter how you look at it, its a great gain. The other benefit from doing a full system with a tune is heat goes waaaaay down, the AF ratio goes down, better mpg, loss of weight (the factory pipes with the cats is really heavy)....and better looks. The ECM will adjust to just slip ons if you don't touch the intake.....but it will adjust it within what Harley states as EPA compliant.

Minus the apes...look at the way this looks.
1186284_1.jpg

Its worth the money just for the looks!

If you're into that kinda thing, to each their own. I see it as throwing money away, but that's my opinion. I'm just not into Harleys.

How much of that power gain came from adding exhaust and not the tune though? Probably not a whole lot, and that's my point.

If you're into that kinda thing, to each their own. I see it as throwing money away, but that's my opinion. I'm just not into Harleys.

How much of that power gain came from adding exhaust and not the tune though? Probably not a whole lot, and that's my point.

You are correct, it is just throwing money away I agree with you. Same as with any performance or styling modification on anything with wheels. I don't like the aircooled HDs....ridden them and can't stand them, but to each his own.(Although I do like the way the Wide Glide looks)....I ride with some guys who think a bubblehead HD isn't a real HD, but we still ride together. Hell, I don't even own an SVT vehicle, and I'm on an SVT site, as I'm still in love with the 03 Cobras. Although now that I have owned a C6Z, I wouldn't even consider ever owning another Mustang for one of my toys, although I do still like them. We all throw money away, to someone who doesn't share the same opinion or passion. All of that being said, it's just what some guys like and that should be respected.......

I also agree with the tuning statement, the power (Small gains HP wise, but decent % wise) comes mostly from the tune. The pipes are just like Bogarts or Welds or a turbo for a Fox, they are just a personal customization, that makes the bike look and sound better or worse depending again on your personal preference. This is why I tout the Tmax so much, it has the same wideband O2 sensors that are used with Innovate line, and you get to dump the narrow band sensors that are factory stock on the HD. You also get the other benefits Nicky throws out there like cooler, better mpg, etc. But the best benefit is not having to go to a Harley dealer for a tune, before or after modifications.

One things for sure, and I bet most here would agree, I absolutely can't wait for warmer/better weather so I can enjoy my toys instead of staring at a computer screen talking about them.............:biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info