HP Tuners upgrade

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Anyone know how I could get around the near $300 fee to upgrade to the pro version? There is only a $150 difference in normal price, but for some reason not known to me it is twice that amount to upgrade...:squintfinger: bitches

ya. i rgret not getting the pro version... i didnt understand the pro version when i purchased mine... and the word pro normally scares me with things.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The pro version is basically A/D add on, and black box tuning. I hear there are plenty of ways to log a W/B besides the A/D input, and while black box logging is cool, I like to take a quick glance at the scan when I pull off. If I need more data in a certain are of load, I can go back out and do it again.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well actually what i did was a wot scans until i got an 11.7 afr and just remembered what the 02's were at for that run. From then on i just logged the nb o2's and used those to tune. They always translated to a perfect wide band afr reading after that. My o2's read 940 when i'm at a perfect 11.7. Ricky's car reads 910ish at 11.7... 910 for my car is 12.2.... hence why i never suggest tuning with narrowbands, they're never the same. Only Ron V has the gift to tune on nb's lol

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yeah, I am just trying to log my wideband in order to adjust via the MAF at a specifric Hz for the specific WB reading(I no longer have my o2 sensor, so I need to be right on the money). I would be highly interested in wireing however I need to wire. I have heard of logging through the EGR before, but not the AC...either one are gone in my car. No more EGR and my AC never works even after yearly repairs so I gave up on it. I have a new Innovate wideband, so any and all help would be freakin crucial to save $300. Thanks for the input

KJ, I was thinking about that logger being crucial if I didn't want to have my laptop open. But, I always have it in my passenger seat and open if I go out with any intention of putting the pedal to the floor. Plus, at the track they have always allowed me to run it.

I'm assuming you want it to be able to use a wideband with your tuner? I can get you a link to a how to that shows you how to wire your wideband with some AC sensor that really isn't used in tuning if you'd like.

Last edited:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well actually what i did was a wot scans until i got an 11.7 afr and just remembered what the 02's were at for that run. From then on i just logged the nb o2's and used those to tune. They always translated to a perfect wide band afr reading after that. My o2's read 940 when i'm at a perfect 11.7. Ricky's car reads 910ish at 11.7... 910 for my car is 12.2.... hence why i never suggest tuning with narrowbands, they're never the same. Only Ron V has the gift to tune on nb's lol

Not bashing ron in any way, but others have done low 11s on narrowbands. :dunno:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007

My car seems to be the exception to any normal narrowband rules...

At a solid 11.9-12.1 AFR, my narrowband numbers go from as low as mid .500s all the way up to middle-upper .800s.

.900 and above on my car is almost always close to 10.0 AFR, horrendously rich.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Here's a link to hookup via the EGR:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15247

You'll have to get the EGR spark advance table zeroed out otherwise it will add timing because of the voltage applied to the EGR signal wire.

I was gonna suggest that

ed to wire. I have heard of logging through the EGR before, but not the AC...either one are gone in my car.

I think he meant any sensor with an analog signal.....But the EGR seems most common

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info