Recommend me some good subs

Well my Infinity's are officially fucked. One of the wires blew on the voice coil and the other one is just completely blown around the cone(good thing you didn't buy these ry@n). After temporarily fixing these issues and they keep breaking I'm done with them. I was just going to buy 2 more of the same subs since I have everything all wired up already but I want to try something new. I'm looking for something in 500 rms range that's around $100 each sub. It doesn't have to be the newest shit on the block, just something that bumps and hits the lows and highs loud as fuck like my infinity's(which were really out dated but are louder than most street car systems in Naperville). I was going to get some type r's, but my buddy just got some and they don't seem to hit lows at all, which is my favorite part of owning subs. So what kind of brands should I look into here guys, I haven't really been paying attention to the car audio scene this past year so I don't know what's good. Thanks in advance.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Well my Infinity's are officially fucked. One of the wires blew on the voice coil and the other one is just completely blown around the cone(good thing you didn't buy these ry@n). After temporarily fixing these issues and they keep breaking I'm done with them. I was just going to buy 2 more of the same subs since I have everything all wired up already but I want to try something new. I'm looking for something in 500 rms range that's around $100 each sub. It doesn't have to be the newest shit on the block, just something that bumps and hits the lows and highs loud as fuck like my infinity's(which were really out dated but are louder than most street car systems in Naperville). I was going to get some type r's, but my buddy just got some and they don't seem to hit lows at all, which is my favorite part of owning subs. So what kind of brands should I look into here guys, I haven't really been paying attention to the car audio scene this past year so I don't know what's good. Thanks in advance.

im betting your buddy has that type r in sealed box...

get it in a proper box, and it will hurt you. seriously. i have gone through alllll too many sub setups, and my type R in a slotted, box, was badass as all hell.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
so would you say they xplode???

definitelt

i have 2 type Rs in a sealed box and they rip

they're pretty decent

I prefer a sealed box...

I had success with Kicker, and Pioneer stuff in the past...

old kickers yes, new eh
pioneer blows

umm never hear them

JUNK!!!!! :rofl:

alumapro.

pretty good

I've had old Rockford Fosgate HX2 which weren't bad
I blew my Infinity Kappa Perfect instantly... but I accidently had my 919 watts RMS x 1 channel amp cranking and it didn't like Young Buck - shorty wanna ride :rofl:

Best sub i have had and loved was my 12" W6v2 JL Audio.... JL Audio is still one of the best companies on the market... I just wish i had the proper box for that sub. I only had 1 12" and it was nuts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info