Intermittent pulsating gas pedal?

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Not sure on the concorde, but Maybe something similar? The Lincoln MKZ , and Mercury Milan had a few concerns with the engine being at certain rpm's, it would cause a slight vibration/buzz felt through the accelerator pedal and sometimes steering wheel, while accelerating or cruising within the range. The fix for it was a bracket that attached the intake manifold to the head, had something to do with harmonics from the manifold's vibration.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Thanks for the info. Not quite the same thing.

The pulsating gas pedal in the Concorde isn't buzzing, it is arhythmically pushing noticeably back up into my foot. The feeling is sort of like when the brake pedal pushes back during ABS braking but it isn't rhythmic. It's push, push, push, smooth, push, push, smooth, push, push smooth, push, etc. I am trying to figure out what's connected to the pedal that could be doing this. A Concorde is only a 20K car so I doubt if it has drive by wire or any complex system. This feels like a hydraulic push. The car runs smoothly and the push push doesn't affect operation. New one on me.

I will scan for codes, look through the manual and take a look the assembly tomorrow. Google has several different answers, most saying something may be bent or unbalanced but since this problem is intermittent, I think the answer may lie elsewhere.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Ya, the car does have a throttle cable, so it could be a binding you are feeling in the cable. It could also be a sticking throttle body. I just ran a check through all data, and just the throttle body cable list for $250 :eek:. I also looked up repair procedure on the throttle body, definitely not fun to do as compared to other cars.

SVTLSC

Factory Freak
Oct 29, 2006
Ya, the car does have a throttle cable, so it could be a binding you are feeling in the cable. It could also be a sticking throttle body. I just ran a check through all data, and just the throttle body cable list for $250 :eek:. I also looked up repair procedure on the throttle body, definitely not fun to do as compared to other cars.

all data pricing is usually bs. and only the lt1 cars had traction control like that aron`

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Unhook the cable at the throttle body and see if it gets better then try unhooking it at the pedal and see if it changes. Possible a dirty throttle body. Maybe the return spring came off the throttle body. Isolate and test, isolate and test.

I remeber I drove a couple dodge advengers and thought the pedal was really stiff. I haven't noticed anything with Concords

Remember these are dodge products

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Not sure on the concorde, but Maybe something similar? The Lincoln MKZ , and Mercury Milan had a few concerns with the engine being at certain rpm's, it would cause a slight vibration/buzz felt through the accelerator pedal and sometimes steering wheel, while accelerating or cruising within the range. The fix for it was a bracket that attached the intake manifold to the head, had something to do with harmonics from the manifold's vibration.

i can feel this in my 09 mariner as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info