holy turbo

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
Turbonetics Releases New 122mm Billet Turbo - we call it the "Baby Killer"

When you think the world of turbos for automotive use is at their biggest, we all get surprised again. Turbonetics has released their new TNX-122, 122 MM turbo. The kit is designed for top tier racing, such as, Pro Mods and really for diesel sled pulling competitions. ā€œDiesels go for the most amount of boost you can possibly fit in an engineā€, says Turbonetics Marketing Manager, Tyler Tanaka.

The first picture is compared against a Turbonetics T3 turbo

The turbo is capable of producing over 2500 horsepower, while supporting 140+psi. The center section is an all-new billet piece. It allows Turbonetics to build a stronger internal bearing with a new, patented oiling system. Also, the compressor wheel is made from a billet 713C super-alloy. ā€œWhen you run this much boost on a cast wheel, it can expand from the center and explode.ā€ Tyler remarked. Regardless, make sure small animals are not present while in operation.

250 lbs/min of airflow!

babykiller1.jpg

babykiller2.jpg

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Some of those sled pulling diesels will spin up close to or just over 100PSI.

a piddly one maybe...

I've heard of Farm Stock and Hot Farm diesel tractor pullers running close to 100 on a single turbo...Those classes are stock governer, stock block, cube limited motors with generally relatively small turbos. They up the cubes, lower the CR, and run retarded high boost.

The guys who run sequentials run well over 100, generally upwards of even 200 psi on some of the alcohol burners and the occasional diesel.

They don't need fast spool, they've got all the time in the world to sit at the line and build boost before they let out the clutch.

The thing only supports 2500 hp...that's alot, but really not that much when you think of what the Top Fuel and Funnycar guys are running in the way of horsepower.

Perhaps they were saying 2500 hp on non-oxygenated fuel though...i.e. gasoline, rather than alcohol or Nitrometh.

Regardless...pretty fucking sweet.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
And to add to the turbo theme, I give you 8.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-64053.html

saw that thing in real life... pretttty fucking cool. pointless yes, but pretty fucking cool. the thing is a very very show car show car. haha.

I got two of them...

wait... in all seriousness... I now want to go and buy a used school bus and put it in the tens without weight reduction...

u should have seen the gem i saw out in wyoming... i will post a new thread this reminded me of it...

my buddy bought an 88 bigg'n blue bird from some place around kankakee... about 5 years ago... it took us about 3 hours to get it back because it topped out at around 58 mph. and we had to refill the gas tank 3 times. the place he bought it from was hillarious... it was a used bus mecca, and we drove them all around their yard before he decided on his 800$ jem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info