Blower Rattle

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Not from my Cobra, from my '97 Buick Park Avenue Ultra. The car threw an IAT sensor code so I picked up a new air filter and sensor. Installed the sensor and filter and cleared the code. No light so far. However, when I was listening to the motor, I heard a rattle coming from the blower. Used the screwdriver/stethoscope method to confirm the sound is from the supercharger. Can't tell if it's from the snout or the blower itself. After the motor cools down I will have to check the blower oil but the rattle leads me to think the blower may be on its way out. It's an Eaton 90.

I did a quick search online and found rebuilt superchargers with polished intake/exhaust for $390. I am debating purchasing one of these or grabbing one from a junkyard for less. Don't want to dump a lot of $$ into the car since it has 120000 miles. Thoughts?

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I would do the rebuilt for $390, junkyard unit may just as good as the one on your car now. It depends on the vehicle's overall condition, if you take care of it, i see no reason why not to spend the money for the blower to keep the car running good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info