Highs and lows: Personal best, then almost wrecked

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
After running a 13.4 yesterday at Byron and being thrilled, an old lady ran me off the road today, forcing me to jump a 90-degree curb at 30 mph and destroying the front suspension.

I was driving around 45 mph southbound on Washington street in Naperville, and she was heading north and turned in front of me to get into the Gino's East parking lot. After she pulled in front of me, I jammed on the brakes and steered towards Gino's, and ended up in their front lawn. Awesome :ugh:

I've got her contact/insurance info and am in the process of the whole thing. Oh yeah, this is my "vacation" day, and I should be watching yesterday's nascar recap instead of dealing with insurance companies, old ladies and the police.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yikes! Will your insurance company insure you for the aftermarket stuff? I know I've been trying to keep all my receipts for everything I've put on the car.

Looks like that's something I'm gonna find out here soon enough. Everything is going through her insurance.

Did my old bullets take much damage? ;)

There doesn't look to be any visual damage or any massive trauma that would cause a wobbly wheel so far, but I've only taken it up to 35 mph so far.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Thanks, guys.

I went to a collision place recommended by the insurance company and they don't do mechanical work but still managed to rack-up a $1600 estimate without even looking under the car. Then I took it to a family friend mechanic and we looked under the car. The damage so far is:

• Bent subframe, it actually hit the curb and shifted. The mounts are toasted.
  • Bent driver's side control arm
  • Bent driver's rims, plus front tires are thrashed (bubbled and scraped)
  • Bent rear suspension link arm (or whatever it's called, pictured) the toe is really out of whack in the rear
  • Blown passenger side strut and strut mount
  • Front fascia tore up from curb and needs to be repainted

So the claim would be around $2,000, which is likely close to totaling the car. If they do total it, I would buy it back, fix it and use whatever money is left over to make it faster.

1103081505.jpg

1103081456.jpg

^^^ I'm pretty sure that should be straight, or at least the passenger side is

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info